Updating Ship By Date Bug

Hi,

For the third time I went to change a ship by date to a few days out, with buyers permission, Etsy made it TODAY! Today is actually a holiday and even if not post office is closed for the day. So another late shipping package due to etsy.

I have tried this three times the past week, and each time etsy mad eit current day, so I looked VERY carefully even going so far to staring at the new ship by date when I hit the button only to find it turned into today!

There HAS to be an option to change ship by date more than once since etsy is failing to do it properly.

There is NO reason to change to current day! You just buy a label, doesn't matter!

I have shipped over 4000 orders and never once late ( usually early!) until the past week or so when I was making changes to ship by date and etsy failed to make it a week out but the current day!

The problems with etsy are starting to pile up and as a $600,000+ sales shop I'm ready to move on unless they can figure out how to do the basic things; the nuts and bolts of the site WORK properly!

Incredibly frustrating!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Updating Ship By Date Bug

They have probs going on, today someone bought something and it's been only 14 hours since then and Etsy has marked my package as late to ship.  I have a 1 to 3 day processing time, but somehow the guy was able to upgrade it to same day.  Etsy is saying I did it but I wasn't even on my computer when they said it happened.  Another person is on reddit complaining of forced shipping upgrade too.  But Etsy help is not aware of the problem, they tried to blame it on me.   Seems they do not know their own glitches anymore.  You have to complain with their help function and demand they list it as a glitch.  They do not check here or anywhere for glitches.  

0 Likes

@EvasFeathers Yes don't bother contacting etsy as they will waste your time and blame you for any issues.

I spent all day yesterday, 12 hours, sizing a bunch of rings and wanted to package and buy postage for today but afraid etsy will foul it up and mark them all late (despite the fact they are ALL 2 days early!). So now I have an hour of work that could have been done yesterday taking up my time. So less gets done and posted and etsy and I make less money!

Brilliant strategies etsy!

0 Likes
BrendasDollhouse
Inspiration Seeker

I tried to change my shipping day by one day next week, with customers permission, and it defaulted to today!!! I live in Montreal and ship out of New York, which is a 4 hour trip, and I can't drop everything and mail one tiny package today, and since I can't correct it, my site will be punished as a week late order. This is just wrong.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.