Unwarranted SUSPENSION

Etsy Safety,

I am reaching out today because my shop "Hometown Engraving LLC" has been involuntarily put into vacation mode. I am extremely confused as I have been a star seller for 12+ consecutive months, and I have done NOTHING to deserve this suspension.

Please review my shop immediately and remove me from suspension. Etsy is my family's only source of income, and with the suspension being completely unjust, it needs to be resolved immediately.

James & Kim
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
39 Replies
nineteen27
Community Maker

Re: Unwarranted SUSPENSION

how many unshipped orders do you have right now?

and.

your shop is not suspended.

ps...etsy should never be your only source of income.

they can put your shop on vacation or suspend your account or shut it down completely.

anytime they want.

everyone should always have a plan b.

13 Likes

I have 6 orders that are sitting here waiting for pickup. I telling people to not have etsy as their only source of income is not helpful! We should be able to count on etsy when we are following ALL of the rules! It is not like there is much I can do about that right now!

5 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

i think what i said is very helpful.

and the fact that etsy has put your shop into vacation mode and making it impossible to make an income.

proves what i said is true.

etsy can do anything they want at any time.

nobody can count on etsy all the time.

even if you follow every rule.

20 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

"and the fact that etsy has put your shop into vacation mode and making it impossible to make an income.  proves what i said is true.   etsy can do anything they want at any time."

and since this needless shutting down of a huge amount of sellers is only Etsy's latest attempt at suicide, I would say finding an alternative place to sell is excellent advice. 

Because if this behavior keeps up, Etsy will be gone.

4 Likes

Dot.: Unwarranted SUSPENSION

We have the same issue when we were trying to update taxpayer ID information. Store has been placed on "vacation mode". Please help. 

Midnight Decor Studio. 

0 Likes

Dot.: Unwarranted SUSPENSION

They put ours in vacation mode and then put an alert on our dashboard, How about they tell us about the alert BEFORE it is needed so we can be proactive, instead of taking away our ability to make a living when they failed to alert us to things they needed. I am so angry! I check my dashboards and emails multiple times a day, this was not something I dropped the ball on!!! Sounds like you may be in the same boat. Then they of course take your chat option away because they don't want o hear it

4 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

You have to go through the Help & Contact menu to reach Etsy. The forum is mostly other sellers. we can't help.  Vacation mode is not suspension. You either have a problem with too many unsent orders or they want bank or ID information.

1 Like

In my case it's about ID taxpayer. When I was trying to update this information I was placed on "vacation mode". 
My ID isn't yet updated in VIES system, so I guess Etsy couldn't verify it just yet. I want to politely wait before trying updating again, but same as OP I can't be placed on "vacation mode" since Etsy is my & family only income. 

Do you thing it's possible to turn off vacation mode before trying to update ID again? Or I need to wait whole month on suspension? It'll be devastating for me. 

0 Likes

I have ZERO overdue orders I have already submitted my banking info and ID months ago. This is an error on ETSY part and they need to STOP doing this to people. It is so wrong and unethical!

2 Likes

I hope it's just a glitch because I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes

It is not a glitch, check your dashboard. They dropped the ball and now we are all paying the price! 

0 Likes

You are right. I did confirmed the info they requested, but it's still on pause.

0 Likes

@HometownEngravingLLC: "Please review my shop immediately and remove me from suspension." Just so you know, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

2 Likes

I have no other options, I have done EVERYTHING else. They put me in vacation mode taking my start seller so now I cannot use the chat, so I have limited options!

2 Likes

Same here, what I am confused about is my shop was properly verified prior, they asked for updated info and we were told we had 10 days in which to respond or THEN shop could be set to vacation mode. When responding promptly and in good standing and verified prior, why on earth do they put us in vacation mode while they verify? This is just nonsensical! 

1 Like

Same boat, I am so sorry! I have been a loyal Etsy seller for 7 years and this year has been one headache after another. SOOO FRUSTRATING!

1 Like

@BayouGlassArts   Etsy needs that information due to the recently passed Inform Act.  I believe this information needs to be updated annually.

Solved: Heads up: Some sellers will need to review their b... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

1 Like

@JDTotesnDolls 

I am aware of the Act, I updated a year and a half ago. This issue isnt the update itself, or being asked to update, the issue is that they turned my shop off while they reverified and it has yet to be turned back on. Its just frustrating to do as you are asked to do and in return, suffer financial consequence while things are sorted. 

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

" Etsy needs that information due to the recently passed Inform Act. I believe this information needs to be updated annually."

@JDTotesnDolls
FFS. There should be no "I believe" involved. For you or anyone.

Etsy should have made it clear.
A simple explanation and a timely announcement might have instigated immediate compliance.
If not, then move on to the punishment part.

But no. Etsy wants to alienate sellers and remove listings which can only result in less income.  For sellers and FOR ETSY.

They seem to have a death wish, recently.

6 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@HometownEngravingLLC  said ..."I have 6 orders that are sitting here waiting for pickup."

Is that pickup from the postal service -or- pickup by the customer?  Do you ship with tracking?  For seller protection & star seller, all orders are required to be shipped and have a valid tracking # ... otherwise pickup/hand delivery orders don't qualify as there is no proof the order was ever shipped or received by the buyer.

0 Likes

It is pickup by USPS and UPS, we send everything with tracking regardless of size.

2 Likes

If theire is no email you will need to contact Etsy.

It may be they need to review your ID as part of the Inform Act.  Did they already review your information?  They need the tax and financial information.  

That has happened to a number of sellers.

Being a star seller does not keep Etsy from doing what is required by law.  As of right now you don't have the star seller but that is probabl not the reason.

Etsy does not visit the forums except for Admin and sometimes a rare comment.  

Etsy would be your best resource to ask why and to get it resolved.

1 Like

I'm so sorry this has happened.  Since your banking information has already been updated this is likely due to needing to verify tax info or receiving quite a few orders at one time. Etsy started doing this during the height of the pandemic when mask sales were falling behind due to the extreme amount being ordered.  It was necessary at that time because some shops were unable to fill orders in a reasonable amount of time. But things have obviously changed since that time. I'm not sure why Etsy hasn't adjusted/updated this?  It does punish a shop for doing well. It also makes it impossible to depend on Etsy.  We can only assume Etsy feels this is still an issue and is trying to protect itself.  If this is what happened, your shop should be reinstated fairly soon. I don't recall what the forced vacation time frames were.  Hopefully another seller will chime in with this.  Again, I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this. 

0 Likes

@HometownEngravingLLC Your shop is back up! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.