I'm unable to save changes to any of my listings. I keep getting the error message "Shipping profile shipping service is set to Other". I've had my shipping profiles set up the same way for years and haven't made any changes recently.

I need to use the "other" option to set my own timelines for international packages- Etsy's dates for First Class International tend to drastically underestimate transit time. It seems like the only way to edit any of my listings is to change my shipping profiles. Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea if it's a bug or intended behavior?

BlueBeachSkies
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Unable to edit listings- "Shipping profile shipping service is set to Other"

I'm in the boat. I've been trying to figure out for days!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Re: Unable to edit listings- "Shipping profile shipping service is set to Other"

Me also, I ship private shipper or Uship. There is no option for this, so how am I to choose a shipper from the list? Mainly large furniture items.

3 Likes
AmberBethany
Inspiration Seeker

update on my above post if anyone is interested, my shop was on holiday while i was away for 2 weeks on return ive found The option other has now reappeared I have absolutely no problems now at all editing my listings or creating new ones with the option other, the desktop version of which i always list from has changed completely to a new format coincidence? i dont think so! obviously when changes were in the pipe line i can only imagine lots of glitches were also happening. so all is now well. 

I did however manage to test out my theory above. I sold a large piece of furniture which I needed the customers phone number in order to send. after constant messages and un answered emails I decided that I would send a letter to the customer address before i surpassed the final dispatch date on etsy - I sent the letter using etsys labels as a royal mail small parcel so It would be tracked and marked as delivered. It worked - the customer didnt care as i contacted them and spoke to them about how i would deliver the item. i sent tracking to them directly through messages. So as far as etsy was concerned my item was delivered well before it actually was. I got a 5* feedback from the customer and I've had no back lash about the order its not marked and an untracked order. 

obviously as my 'other' option is available i wont be using this method unless something like this happens again but it was a relief that it worked and i will have another option if the option ever disappears again. 

2 Likes
TwiLdCapitHog
Conversation Maker

@AmberBethany  Glad you've got "other" back.

I have now been emailing Etsy support for 19 days to get “other” reinstated on my delivery profiles, with no joy!

2 Likes
RiversEdgeRelics
Conversation Maker

OTHER WILL SOON BE GONE

"We’ve added some new shipping services and will need an update from your previous choice of “Other.”

"When you choose a specific service you can be confident buyers will see more accurate delivery dates, without any change to how you work. Don’t see your service? Choose an option that has a similar transit time."

0 Likes
BlueBeachSkies
Inspiration Seeker

Has anyone figured out how to fix the situation with Etsy taking away "Other" option? I use printify and I don't know how to fix. they pick what shipping service they will use.   

1 Like
BlueBeachSkies
Inspiration Seeker

Did anyone figure out a way to fix? I use a printing partner and still don't know what to do.

1 Like
RiversEdgeRelics
Conversation Maker

OTHER WILL SOON BE GONE

"We’ve added some new shipping services and will need an update from your previous choice of “Other.”

"When you choose a specific service you can be confident buyers will see more accurate delivery dates, without any change to how you work. Don’t see your service? Choose an option that has a similar transit time."

2 Likes
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Disappeared for me this morning.

Sigh.

3 Likes

Grrrrrr. Here we go again. Etsy removed 'other' for lots of UK shops back in May and then reinstated it a week later after lots of complaints. I urge everyone to get in touch with Etsy and complain if you are unhappy that they've removed 'other'

5 Likes

I have been on the phone with Etsy support all morning.  This new change to the shipping profiles and not allowing for "other" for furniture sellers as myself is not gonna work.  The support guy said he's going to escalate it to his supervisor but quite frankly from my experience with support, they're not going to help unless we ALL start a petition and make our concerns known.

1 Like
artbyjocelyn
Conversation Maker

This change now seems to be here to stay and is being enforced. It affects anything shipping From the USA, for me. No More OTHER option in shipping profiles.

So, I work with print providers that mainly ship out of the US or Canada. Any item I sell that ships from the USA, my shipping profiles are forcing me to choose a carrier and class if I renew expired or publish a new draft. My items sometimes come from a print provider that uses more than one carrier even within the USA, which cannot be indicated accurately at all in shipping profiles. As well, if I want to ship to AU, the longest delivery window I can find is 7 to 10 business days - like NO! Removed AU and NZ due to this now. So, this is a definite mess.

3 Likes

have been on the phone with Etsy support all morning.  This new change to the shipping profiles and not allowing for "other" for furniture sellers as myself is not gonna work.  The support guy said he's going to escalate it to his supervisor but quite frankly from my experience with support, they're not going to help unless we ALL start a petition and make our concerns known.

0 Likes
StreetsofLondon
Inspiration Seeker

This just happened to me too...I don't know why I even bother filling out surveys for them any more. I've been selling furniture on Etsy for many years and instead of getting better with freight options they have gradually taken them away and 'Other' was the last option. Now there are no realistic options. I use Uship and was so happy when they said they were partnering with them and thought for sure it would be listed as a shipping option but NO!!! My antique furniture sales on Etsy are down to an all time low so it might just be time to say goodbye to Etsy and focus on my actual shop and local customers and invest some money in marketing my own website and social medias. I also sell on Ruby Lane which is much more seller friendly for antique furniture. Even Ebay has better options and Chairish is looking more and more attractive. Such a shame they did this. When did we as sellers stop being Etsy's customers? Without us there is no Etsy...

4 Likes
artbyjocelyn
Conversation Maker

Definitely is looking like it'll basically be impossible to sell large hand made items like furniture, etc., on Etsy going forward. 

4 Likes
StreetsofLondon
Inspiration Seeker

I just went on a chat on Etsy and mentioned I am being forced to lie and choose an unrealistic shipping option which is not OK. Even though they basically said thank you for your feedback and have a nice day, I think it is still worth doing because if enough people complain then maybe something will be done. It's worth a shot.

3 Likes

I have been on the phone with Etsy support all day.  This no option for "other" on shipping profiles is going to wipe out furniture sellers on Etsy as we do not use FedEx, UPS,DHL and surely cannot guarantee a 3-8 turnaround on some orders.  I ship nationwide and times vary. This is not okay that we are bering put in this position.

2 Likes

my express shipping upgrade is 2-3 days. Etsy only offer options with 3-7 or 4-8 working days. They suggested I shorten my turnaround time to compensate for having to show a delivery upgrade that takes longer than it actually does. what am I supposed to do with my products that have a 1 day turnaround? And if I do that then all my orders will be shipped "late" which will impact on my star seller status.

And what about orders where the buyer doesn't select the upgrade? I'm stuck with a 2 day turnaround (which is not possible for a personalised wedding invitation).

Such an unbelievable error on Etsy's part - I can't believe they've done something so ill thought through. it's unbelievable.

And I asked them how I should update the shipping information in my (100+) listings. They said I'd have to do it manually, copy & pasting into EACH ONE!

3 Likes

I have been on the phone with Etsy support all day.  This no option for "other" on shipping profiles is going to wipe out furniture sellers on Etsy as we do not use FedEx, UPS,DHL and surely cannot guarantee a 3-8 turnaround on some orders.  I ship nationwide and times vary. This is not okay that we are bering put in this position.

2 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

This change paired with Etsy's decision to guarantee the estimated delivery date has me feeling concerned about the holiday rush this year. I usually tweak my delivery times to account for holiday and international delays but not anymore. Now we only have Etsy's unrealistic estimates and customers who have been overpromised quick deliveries.

4 Likes

This has just happened to me, but it has only just happened, 

Etsy is taking the absolute mick doing this - I can't change the price of orders to match my courier charges so ill be losing a ton of money.

Evri are terrible, this is the last nail in the coffin for me, as soon as my new workshop is built I am leaving Etsy, 

2 years as a star seller, 100% on everything, all we get in return is worse and worse support and now this!

To top it off they are "all of a sudden" taking ad fees on almost every sale I make, yet my sales are the same each month, so how do they figure that they have suddenly brought me 80% of my sales, 

5 Likes

I have complained as well, used the chat app, but I am really really unhappy about this as its forcing me to lie to customers and constraining my service too much, 

4 Likes

They can't just remove something like that without warning, do we literally have absolutely no say in how our businesses are to be managed?

This is appalling behaviour by Etsy.

4 Likes

@ScottishWoodDesign they started doing it several months ago, so we knew it was coming. I warned everyone in May (although I thought they would add more options before now)

Keep pushing for more options, but remember, buyers cannot see the class of mail you choose instead of using "Other", and you can still name upgrades whatever you want as well. Use your FAQs/automated note to buyers/a Message to buyers to tell customers which service you will actually use and how long it takes. 

As a Canadian, I have always notified each buyer how their order is shipping & how long it could take to get to their location, so as long as there is an option with similar time frames, Etsy's ridiculous workaround should work for anyone who is eligible for seller protection. It's the folks using untracked methods (or with no Etsy Label options) that are really screwed here, but anyone able to obtain Star Seller right now should be able to manage ok, as you will also qualify for seller protection under $250. 

1 Like

I have been on the phone with Etsy support all day.  This no option for "other" on shipping profiles is going to wipe out furniture sellers on Etsy as we do not use FedEx, UPS,DHL and surely cannot guarantee a 3-8 turnaround on some orders.  I ship nationwide and times vary. This is not okay that we are bering put in this position. I am hoping that by tomorrow they will see the error and adjust for sellers like us.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.