rebstuff1
Inspiration Seeker

Renew overcharges

So, I’m not sure if this is a bug but it looks like l’ve been over charged on renewal listings. I have an over 400 listings and I list something every day. Usually I paid between £3 and £7 for renewing listings each month but on the 1st of Feb, I’ve been charged for 234 listing renewals. This can’t be right. It’s very strange, as the 1st was when I took my holiday mode off after being away for 2 weeks. Is this a bug?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Renew overcharges

That sounds like a bug.

Look at the expiration date of your active listings. It sounds like they all auto renewed or something.

Also make sure that listings weren't pulled from sold-out or expired or draft or inactive or duplicate active listings. Once, while using Vela, I had hundreds of listings from sold out and inactive come alive. I didn't really have those items anymore and couldn't figure out what I could have done to cause that - but I had been using the Vela bulk edit feature on active listings. I contacted Etsy Support, and they credited me for most of the amount I owed for spurious listings. It took me a long time to sort out the mess but at least Etsy credited me for the cost of most of the listings (I could never figure out why they didn't credit me for all of them) but it was most so I let it go.)

0 Likes
rebstuff1
Inspiration Seeker

It’s very strange, they look like they are current listings but I’ve checked some from the Etsy invoices from 4 months ago and they didn’t auto renew then, so it must be a mistake. I’ll get in touch with Etsy.

0 Likes

@rebstuff1: "... and they didn’t auto renew then ..." Sounds like you were caught up in the ongoing glitch were some listings that should expire do not and stay active - basically giving you free listings for an extended period. Going off vacation mode may have just caused the system to check all listings and the ones that "expired" a long time ago were finally renewed.

1 Like
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Holiday mode does not freeze the listing term.  If you have autorenew turned on, listings which reach the end of their 4 month term will be renewed as soon as you return from your holiday.  If you were away for a few weeks or months you could be hit with a renewal fee on reopening for any listings that were due for renewal during the down time.  For the majority of shops, the largest volume of listings are created  when the shop opened, and all of those are likely to renew together.  If that happens to coincide with a holiday break, when you return you will get the big bill.  

When using holiday mode, set all your listings to manual renewal first. That way you can control the renewal process and renew in smaller batches to manage the fees.

0 Likes
rebstuff1
Inspiration Seeker

I was an away for 2 weeks and all my listings are auto renew. It’s 3/4 of all my listings and going on the original start time of some of the listings , it can’t be right. Plus , I have alway listed little and often, even from the start of opening my shop, so there shouldn’t be a large block of listings. I have two other shops and they are normal renewals and one of those has 900 listings and they all when on holiday mode. I think is a bug.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.