KAYDEE3D
Inspiration Seeker

Unable to delete promo code. Can't operate store anymore

Help me please.

I tried setting up a refund to a customer at the wrong place and ended up creating a refund for every order any customer make for any item forever. I cannot afford to run my shop now and Etsy is not allowing me to remove the promotion either. I have put my shop in vacation mode because I cannot afford to sale even one item now.  Unfortunately, like all tech companies, Etsy also has no contact info, support email id or a contact us form to get help from them. Can someone help me resolve this and remove/ deactivate the promo?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
31 Replies
TBQSC
Community Maker

Re: Unable to delete promo code. Can't operate store anymore

"ended up creating a refund for every order any customer make for any item forever"

There is no such thing!  You may have set up a coupon, but NOT every order will get that coupon, or even use it ... it greatly depends on the buyer's settings whether they allow promo emails from Etsy or not, and even if they did allow promo emails, there is no guarantee they would actually receive it because of Etsy's new limited usage rules.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

You can only run a sale from 5% to 75% off.  If you put in anything more than 75% it will not let you go to the next page until you change it. 

Edited to add:  This nested in the wrong place.

0 Likes
After9Marbles
Conversation Maker

Do you mean you created a 100% discount. I was curious so I tried and it seems it will let me run a sale for 100% off. That I can see as a issue. Try during the day. 9-5 EST and use the chat button in the bottom right of the seller dashboard. As a star seller I think you may have it. I forget its even there but maybe they can help you tomorrow. 

0 Likes
KAYDEE3D
Inspiration Seeker

Okay. I will. Thanks for the suggestion. I just recently got my star seller and now this

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@KAYDEE3D I would highly recommend deactivating that discount coupon immediately!  There are several scraper sites that will find that discount and make it available to everyone, not just your customers!  Retailmenot is one such site, as is Honey ... there are many others that do the same things ... all one has to do is have the browser app activated and voila, you just gave away your whole inventory for free!!.  

1 Like

@TBQSC 
What if the OP used the Thank You or Abandoned Cart offers, where most sellers are not seeing either a Stop sending or a Deactivate button?
Even if the OP does have the Stop sending button we have seen multiple reports of coupons continuing to send even after sellers have used it.

This is a good example of why Etsy should not have taken away our control over the discounts that we choose to offer.

5 Likes

Wait - I'm sure you should be able to end any sale or coupon at any time.  Where exactly is your issue with doing that??

1 Like

0 Likes

@PillowDetails 
Many sellers are currently unable to deactivate the Thank You and Abandoned Cart codes.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-cant-deactivate-promo-code/td-p/144975127

3 Likes
KAYDEE3D
Inspiration Seeker

No way to do this. No button found.

1 Like

@PillowDetails 

Etsy has made it so that coupons can't be deactivated. Or if we're lucky enough to have a stop sending button, they reactivate after we stop sending. It happened to me. I stopped sending my favorites and abandoned cart coupons sometime over this past weekend. The abandoned cart coupon was reactivated and Etsy has sent out two since Monday. A buyer used the coupon on an order today. I can understand if they keep it activated for buyers that got it before I deactivated, but Etsy is still sending them out.

4 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@PillowDetails  ANY targeted offers that were set up (way back when) ... there is NOT any way now to deactivate them or to stop sending offers ... there is a complete blank at bottom of page!  I had all 3 set up (fave items, abandoned cart, thank you), and as of the recent Etsy change, all 3 are still active with NO WAY for me to change them!!!  Perhaps it's possible with a regular discounts, but it is not possible with the targeted offers.

3 Likes

What a nightmare!

4 Likes

@TBQSC Wow, I didn't realise the YOURFAVE offer was also affected.
It just gets worse...

1 Like

There are other threads about not being able to end offers:
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-deactivate-abandoned-cart/m-p/145084696 
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Thank-you-and-Abandoned-Basket-Offers/m-p/145062390 
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-cant-deactivate-promo-code/m-p/144975127 

Etsy does have ways to contact them, but you have to dig a little.  If you go to Help and enter "How to Contact Etsy Support", you just have to keep drilling down until you get to a page that gives you the option of "I Still Need Help" and that will get you to chat and/or maybe a request a call and/or maybe email.  The options vary.  

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

As a SS, I have CHAT available to me, but knowing how bad CS really is, and how they are just passing off things daily to "tech support? or "higher ups", and then NOTHING ever happens ... I'm done!  Any orders that may arrive through a targeted offer purchase, will be cancelled & refunded.  THIS is the ONLY way to make a wake up call to Etsy.  Not that anything will ever happen, but it's a start, and we ALL need to do this until we are back in control of OUR OWN BUSINESS!

4 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Even worse ... Etsy tells me daily that I need to set up targeted offers for all my customers that have over $4K waiting in their abandoned carts!   Obviously that is NOT from MY shop alone. it has to include other shops too!!!  So until I can deactivate my original targeted offers, there is no way in H*LL that I am setting up another targeted offer, or ANY other discount, ever!!!  Free Shipping is more than enough, IMHO, and even that is a stretch, but I am wanting to purge a lot right now!

4 Likes

@TBQSC 
I am lucky because I didn't have any active offers when this fiasco started.
But I do have these seemingly  permanent messages in Stats, under the new Shopper Stats, each with a link to sales & discounts:

xx shoppers favorited xx of your items. Share a discount when a shopper loves a listing to help seal the deal.

Encourage more shoppers to come back—send a thank you offer after their order ships.

At full price these items may have added up to AU$$$$$ in potential sales. Give future shoppers a nudge with an abandoned cart offer.

Dear Etsy, that'll be a NO from me.

3 Likes

@TBQSC 

I stopped sending my favorites and abandoned cart coupons over the weekend. Etsy decided to reactivate the abandoned cart coupon and has sent two out since Monday. A buyer used it today. It's a tiny amount (5%) but it's the principle of the thing. I stopped the @%! coupon! 

The real kicker is that Etsy has a notification on my sales & discount page prompting me to set up an abandoned cart coupon. WTF! They've already reactivated the one I stopped sending! 

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@KAYDEE3D 

Were you running a 20% off sale or is that what you are trying to get rid of?  Since we can't cart items from your shop, we really need more information to be able to help you.

1 Like
KAYDEE3D
Inspiration Seeker

No I wanted to discount a fixed amount for one order but ended up created a discount for all customers with no end period. No end date or ability to change the discount or code. No deactivation possible.

1 Like

This is one way to lock sellers into having a permanent sale. Sellers should be able to activate and deactivate coupons.

6 Likes

Self deleted

0 Likes

@KAYDEE3D - Etsy has live chat from your dashboard if you're a Star Seller. You can also go to the public side of your shop and click the Help Center link in the footer. So, yes, there is support on Etsy, just need to know where to look. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.