Like most sellers, I invest adamant attention into wonderful projects for happy customers, which is expressed through their satisfaction in reviews on my store. Since running my Etsy shop for about 2 years now I can confirm my buyer review process has been affected for an accumulative MONTHS, with many of my buyers NEVER being able to EVER leave a review for my account. 

1.) For MONTHS in the past Etsy imposed a bug that prevented users from being able to leave reviews due to an AUTO-COMPLETE issue which was not only a HUGE inconvenience for sellers but PERMANENTLY prevented buyers from EVER being able to post a review for their order. 20% of my customers are BURNED with no change to EVER review.

2.) NOW, I have had my last 7 customers inform me that they cannot leave a review until 365 DAYS from now, which is OUTSIDE the 90 day review policy, or in other words, can NEVER leave a review EVER again for my shop; AGAIN.

Imagine operating on a platform where there are two purposes: click a button, and you get a cookie, click a button and you get a cookie. MY COOKIE IS TAKEN FROM ME. Sure, if I was a money hungry individual doing this for cashflow, I still get the chocolate chips, but I do this for satisfaction and GROWTH

Not infuriated, just insane to see new features implemented like "Buyer Mode", etc, when sellers are suffering with the BASICS

NoKnavishDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Re: [URGENT] Buyers cannot leave a review until 2025

I'll add to the train. My customer cannot review until 1 year after their purchase. On a digital product as well. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Thank you for imposing your response. Apparently it is all we can do as Etsy damages the most VITAL aspect of a Sellers Reputation and Status on Etsy for the third consecutive month in a row.

0 Likes

No one has specifically told me they can't leave reviews, however I definitely feel as if I have had less reviews lately and I sell digital crochet patterns with sales selling about the same most of the time, I have had a few reviews , but just less than in the past, so not sure if this is affecting me as well, or not.

1 Like

If you sell Digital Designs, it 100% is. I learned this from asking a few loyal customers for their feedback and then them expressing its not possible. Remember most customers won't say anything because they think its the "norm" or something. Apparently Etsy thinkgs its the norm too lol

0 Likes
PinkaJam
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same issue. Any updates?

2 Likes

3 Months. Still Neglect

0 Likes
PinkaJam
Inspiration Seeker

Maybe this information will be helpful for somebody: my customer was able to leave a review after she opened the files from the order (not from messages).

2 Likes

I will have a few customers test this right now

0 Likes

I have asked 3 customers to test this as we speak and will update accordingly

0 Likes

NOT WORKING: "It doesn’t appear for me, redirects me to check my email"

0 Likes

I had this happen as well. I had purchased digital downloads and it was showing I couldn't leave a review until 2025. I reached out to the shop and they told me I could leave a review after I downloaded the files. Once I downloaded them, it changed and now has the link to leave a review.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.