MajorTomsProps
Inspiration Seeker

UK etsy "unable to purchase shipping label for this address" posting to Lithuania?

as the title says
i don't think I've shipped to Lithuania before but i've never had the message of unable to purchase shipping label for this address before so i don't know what to do? they've paid the VAT etc on it and i'm a bit lost as this was a made to order item and now i'm just kinda sitting on it

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
15 Replies

Re: UK etsy "unable to purchase shipping label for this address" posting to Lithuania?

This has been an issue for the last handful of months on the US site, too. Some sellers report that Etsy Labels won't let them buy postage to this country or that — almost always, it's a country in Eastern Europe.

You probably just have to buy postage from another source. For US sellers, the obvious choice is PirateShip. I'm sure there are alternatives in UK. What carrier were going to use through Etsy? Would it be possible to buy directly from the carrier?

0 Likes
barkrock
Crafty Poster

Re: UK etsy "unable to purchase shipping label for this address" posting to Lithuania?

The list of items and methods of mailing to Lithuania is quite lengthy.  Perhaps you're running afoul of their regulations?

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/il_027.htm

0 Likes

Lithuania is next door to a war zone. Google whether there are restrictions on mail to that country. You may need to use a more expensive carrier.

0 Likes

You off your rocker next to a war zone lol Geography not your stronger subject 

0 Likes

You off your rocker next to a war zone lol Geography not your stronger subject 

0 Likes

Buy direct from RM website. No problems trying to buy a label to Lithuania from there.

And it'll be the same price as Etsy.

As Etsy labels are RM labels, there should be no restrictions on Etsy, when there aren't on RM itself....but this is etsy.

1 Like

That's what I suspected. It's not that USPS isn't shipping to those countries, it's that Etsy (for whatever reason) isn't selling postage to those countries. I'm not surprised that it's the same with Royal Mail.

0 Likes

You could go to your post office. 

0 Likes

Lithuania do not have any special regulations for shipping .

Some labels just can not be purchased in Etsy system . If you want to ship this order you have to go to your PO 

0 Likes

I keep having this problem too, can't buy postage for US and EU ( sending from UK), it's frustrating! Customer support haven't helped at all

1 Like
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

@danaillustrations 

This is an old thread with a completely different problem

You cannot buy an Etsy label for any international destination from the UK because Royal mail have suspended all international shipping for over a week now due to a cyber attack.
As they still cannot say when the problem will be fixed you will need to either send via courier or cancel the sale

1 Like
JemsJewelsGB
Inspiration Seeker

This is the problem Esty did to me as well and it delayed the time I would ship it over by 3 days before I went on the delivery service website alone and went through a total mess and can someone help me out here it has been a month of this and it is Etsy's fault for this and I shouted at Etsy support at least 20 times and they have done nothing and if Etsy doesn't let you purchase postage labels for countries such as Slovenia why do they even let sellers market over in there search results and so far Etsy gave me nothing but chaos and yet what are we paying these Etsy fees for

0 Likes

just because etsy doesn't let you buy a label for slovenia, doesn't mean you can't buy one elsewhere. Which is why it will still allow sales.

0 Likes
JemsJewelsGB
Inspiration Seeker

Utter Bollocks me as a seller is paying these dumb fees for Etsy and they should do something in return and I asked them 10 times on customer support about removing this message and letting me buy these postage labels and they still aren’t doing it!!!!!

0 Likes

Does the address have any extra long bits?  Etsy also gives the "unable to purchase shipping label for this address" error code when the character count on the address is too long.  This happens a lot with international orders that sometimes have extra info like county names, building names, or long road names.  The error won't say that the reason is that the address is too long, which would be useful and helpful, it just says a generic "unable to purchase" Also, how long is too long? Etsy doesn't tell us that. What would also be useful is if Etsy didn't let them enter addresses that are too long, but that's not the Etsy way.

If it looks like this may be the case, you can try trimming it down by abbreviating words, Road to RD for example, or even removing words like road and lane entirely.   You can also write to the customer and ask if they have a shorter version of their address you can use.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.