UK Domestic Delivery Options - Missing options

My delivery options for domestic UK are extremely limited in the drop-down option. It states "We're asking for an update from your previous choice of "Other" to help give buyers more accurate delivery dates. This won't change your dispatch-by-dates, and could mean more sales for you!" This is incorrect as the delivery timescales provided in the drop-down options are not realistic.

I am only being given for Royal Mail the choices of :

• Royal Mail 1st Class (1 business day) - in reality, this is a minimum of 1 - 3 business days, longer if there are postal delays.
  • Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class (1 business day) - again in reality, this is a minimum of 1 - 3 business days.
  • Royal Mail 2nd Class (2 - 3 business days) - takes longer than stated in reality
  • Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class (2 - 3 business days) - takes longer than stated in reality
  • Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm (1 business day)

There are more options sellers use than these, there is a Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am service, plus also things like RM24 and RM48 etc that are not included in my options.

I also have some Collect+ and DHL Express options. I've not used these services so don't know whether they are a limited list of options for those carriers.

I also have some options for Hermesworld. Hermesworld no longer exists they rebranded to Evri. Again I've not used this delivery company so don't know whether there is a limited list of options for them.

There are no other options to choose from for delivery providers. There are additional delivery companies UK sellers use, so please provide back the "Other" delivery company option to allow sellers the ability to choose and set the appropriate service and estimation of delivery times to "give buyers more accurate delivery dates" that Etsy states that it wants. The changes made provide MORE INACCURATE delivery dates. Please allow us sellers who know how long the services we use ACTUALLY TAKE to inform our customers of the CORRECT delivery information.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
23 Likes
46 Replies

Re: UK Domestic Delivery Options - Missing options

I'm in the UK and I'm having this issue too. I'm hoping that it's a bug and not intentional, because if we don't use one of the delivery providers or services which Etsy states in the drop down box, what are we supposed to do? 

6 Likes

It's affecting me. I always upgrade my quantities on a daily basis on the main listing page (where you can quickly click and change the quantity no) and can't today. Going into a listing to try and change it I get the 'other' error message.

I wouldn't mind but I use their RM option where I can but had to select other to be able to offer Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 upgrades as these options aren't on the drop-down for RM services. I don't really want to revert back to Signed For but may have to or else all my best sellers will go out of stock! T24/T48 is so much better as it goes through the letter-box without buyers complaining of having to get redeliveries or go to DO!

This is going to affect my sales Etsy - not cool!

2 Likes

are you using the app, or laptop?

I still have "other" - laptop - windows 10 - Chrome

0 Likes

exactly what I use - but I've lost other

2 Likes

I'm using chrome via a desktop and I've lost 'other' too 

1 Like

I'm using desktop/laptop. I've tried various browsers - Firefox, Chrome and see the same issue no matter which browser I am using. I assume it's a per user issue if you're not currently seeing it.

1 Like
KlasikStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Hi CraftyCornishMaids,

This hasn't got anything to do with the type of computer or browser. Options wouldn't be different on different computers / browsers.

It's an Etsy website setting. Please see the other comments below and I can also confirm that "other" is not available on Chrome browser on a Mac and a Chromebook (latest versions of Chrome).

1 Like

Even though they are listed as one day there, it also says "The buyer expects ...." and then there are more days added there so the buyer will not expect it within 1 day. 

0 Likes

Are you talking about Etsy postage here?

0 Likes

This has affected many UK sellers (from reading a post on a UK selling group I belong to), including myself.
2 main issues - very limited choice of courier and service now available to UK sellers - and no ability to mitigate for delivery issues which sellers have first hand experience of, by extending delivery timeframes eg., recent RM cyber attack, local current RM depot staffing problems.
If sellers do not have the ability to set delivery timeframes, can they still be held accountable for late deliveries?

2 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

1 Like

I am having the same issue and honestly, I've felt like banging my head on my desk repeatedly this morning. 

1st class mail in the Uk, especially letters, regularly, if not consistently, takes more than 1 working day. 2nd class parcels on 2-3 working days is laughable, especially after bank holidays, weekends, around peak times such as Christmas. 

I use tracked 24 and 48 Royal Mail, this is a better service for customers as it is tracked end to end, these options are not on the list.

I use parcelforce for large packages, this is the DEFAULT courier in the Uk for large parcels and the sister company to Royal Mail- not on the list. 

Also missing, Yodel, DPD, Fed-Ex, UPS?

This is going to cause so much hassle at holiday times and instead of giving my customers more accurate information, it will give them less accurate info, increase my complaints and cases (and the amount of money Etsy will pay out on payment protection) and increase my workload exponentially as I communicate with customers to inform them of accurate timescales to try and mitigate this. 

Etsy- if this is a permanent change, it needs major fixes urgently but also, this is particularly controlling and worrying. UK sellers on the ground are more in touch with how the postal service is running- let us run our business as we see fit please.

11 Likes

I was on online chat on my other shop,

45 minutes mostly on hold with them saying hold for 2-3 mins

upshot was they will have to get back to me via e-mail,

however, I would do the same, bombard the chat

0 Likes

Same, first thing this morning dealing with a poor clueless chat supporter. I was so cross. 

2 Likes
LSBJewellery
Inspiration Seeker

The response I've just had from chat today is that those are the options available for purchase through etsy postage therefore we have to select and ship from those on the list. I use RM tracked24/48 and FedEx neither are available through Etsy but the answer is that it's "better" for the customer if it's purchased through Etsy 🤦‍

0 Likes

@LSBJewellery Etsy chat don't know what they're saying, because you can't buy half the options through Etsy postage. For example you cannot buy Collect+, DHL Express or Hernesworld through Etsy. They are talking rubbish

1 Like
TwiLdCapitHog
Conversation Maker

This is by far the most stupid thing they have done so far! IMHO

10 Likes

I'm actually finding it hard to believe.

4 Likes
TwiLdCapitHog
Conversation Maker

My plan was to list and re-list items this morning, now this has stopped me in my tracks. I can’t knowingly pick a delivery date that I know won’t happen.

So thats me scuppered! ;0(

Are the people who run Etsy so oblivious of REAL LIFE!    Sorry, I’m in shock!

2 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

@TwiLdCapitHog That's exactly what I was going to do this afternoon.  I have half a dozen new listings to add to my Etsy shop but I'm going to add them to my Ebay shop instead.  If Etsy can't be bothered to listen to UK sellers (who know how the postal system works within our Country) I'll pay fees to Ebay instead.

4 Likes

Time to go on vacation I'm thinking! 

1 Like

I am sorry I am confused I am in the UK. If I want to use a different service i.e royal mail tracked I simply but the postage of the royal mail website and mark the order as complete and enter the tracking number. I know it is a slightly longer process.

1 Like

This is to do with the delivery options you set against each product listing. So you can set appropriate delivery timescales for the customer to see upfront before they purchase. Etsy has changed it so that I can't choose other and set appropriate delivery timescales. I can only choose from a very limited amount of delivery companies and limited postage options within those companies. I know for a fact that the delivery timescales they state against the limited Royal Mail options that they do allow me to choose from are inaccurate.

4 Likes

Hermesworld does still exist, they only changed their name in the UK.

Where they originated (Germany) and in the EU, it's still Hermes.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.