Two items deactivated - Red banner but no email from Etsy

Longtime seller.  Just opened the dashboard to find a red banner message stating two of my items had been deactivated and that I would get an email from Etsy.  

I can't find anything that has been deactivated (in the past these have been moved to "inactive" with a red note from Etsy on them. 

I can't find any message from Etsy in my email account- and I checked spam and trash. In the past, these arrived concurrent with the red banner.  (I used ivory as a color description for a cameo brooch once. Oops. Not real ivory! just plastic!). I have nothing from legal.  

I used the help chat and she said they would send a message to my email.  More nothing.  

Is this a technical issue?  

It's freaking me out, Man.  

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Re: Two items deactivated - Red banner but no email from Etsy

Don't freak out. If they put a ticket in for you it takes time (days) to get a response (email) from Etsy. 

0 Likes

I got that too in the past week all my design are mine & made by me...I checked my e mail and see nothing. glitch?

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Here is a link to initiate chat or email. This may also show in your Dashboard  called  "Looking For Support?"

0 Likes

Thanks for the replies.  I did get a confirmation that they had opened a ticket for me.  Hopefully it is figured out soon!  

1 Like
LastCentury
Community Maker

If it's the email response they send out with the generic problem solving FAQs they like to provide, and none of those helped you, make sure you respond or they will think they solved your problem. It takes a few goes. Manage your expectations because a solution may never come.

I have used ivory & amber as colour descriptions in vintage & artwork and it hasn't been an issue, knock on wood.

good luck!

0 Likes
McKeanCreations
Conversation Maker

I had one of those the other day. I forgot to take the word amber out of one of my listings. Used it as a color, the item is actually a multi strand seed bead stretch bracelet in autumn colors. Amber was such a good description. I took the word amber out of the description and after a few days Etsy reactivated the listing. I found out what it was by going to my inactive section. I didn't contact Etsy, just let them do their thing.

0 Likes

Lately there have been posts of bot-removals for anything with batteries.  One this morning even had a listing removed that said "batteries not included".

0 Likes

yeah, I saw that was happening. I checked for batteries and amber and nothing.  Nothing in my inactive listings. So weird. 

0 Likes
SiroccoAndNorth
Conversation Maker

I searched in your shop and you have two listings using amber as a colour. It may be unrelated but maybe best to change this based on other sellers having issues using this word.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.