NaturesQuestShop
Inspiration Seeker

Trouble with "Copy Listing" Feature

Hi Everyone,

I tried to use the "copy listing" feature to save time while creating a new listing for a similar product I already have listed. When I save the new listing as a draft, it deletes the previous one that was already saved. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Trouble with "Copy Listing" Feature

I use the duplicate feature lots. I never save as a draft and only use a browser.

0 Likes

I use copy but I never save as draft as I am ready to go with the listing.  When you say removed are you saying you are copying the listing again for another new?  It might be that you cannot hold in draft more than one copy made from an existing listing.  The copy listing is not yet new with its own listing number when saved as sraft and not published.

0 Likes

I save a new copy as a draft all of the time (after I've entered at least a few new pieces of info to distinguish it from the original). I've never had a problem with it saving both. Are you sure that you were working in the new copy, and not actually still in the original? Sometimes it's hard to tell and then you basically "write over" the original listing.

0 Likes

Make SURE you see that "copy" icon on the listing. We all have felt the pain of accidently editing and removing an existing listing instead of just copying it. When I copy I don't save to draft so no help there.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.