Tracking Numbers stuck in Pre Transit after they have been delivered

Jump to solution

Hello,

Any news on the tracking number glitch? After purchasing mailing labels through Etsy and shipping within my shop’s designated shipping times, my tracking numbers on three orders remain in “pre transit” status. The three packages have all been successfully delivered. Hence my star seller score has dropped from a 100% to 98%. This is quite disappointing. I hope the problem is corrected and my status will be restored. Does anyone have any information on this matter? Greatly appreciated.

kindly, Wynter

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Re: Tracking Numbers stuck in Pre Transit after they have been delivered

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wednesday March 22

Delivery status looks fixed and updated! I received an email that Etsy has corrected the errors but to keep an eye on it! What a relief!

View solution in original post

2 Likes
21 Replies

Jump to solution

Nope is still ongoing, you will have to contact Etsy with the details so they can manually correct it.

It seems to affect some sellers stats but leaves the stats from other sellers experiencing the same issue unaffected 

1 Like

Jump to solution

From the other thread it looks like that isn't working anymore   Some people are reporting that after a couple days they're reverting back to pre transit. Depending on who answers the chat, they may or may not fix it. they told me there was nothing they could do and I'd be added to their investigation, but it can't hurt to try!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I also have had this glitch, on and off, for the last 4 years! Some items stuck in DHL 'Pre transit' although long since delivered.

Now the latest glitch here in germany: items sent with Transglobal must be, always are automatically tracked, even under 10 Euros, but sometimes only 1 item per consignment gets scanned and the others go through unscanned and therefore show up as 'no tracking'. This has happened several times lately so I am expecting to lose the coveted star badge next month..

I cannot understand why we sellers should be penalised for things that are completely out of our control.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same on over five here.   And also 3 packages saying no tracking, which isn't possible. Everything is being affected daily by these problems. Badges lost at end of last month due to pre-transit issues that didn't exist on my end.  I am sure they will get it all straightened out. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I came to the forums this morning hoping to find an update today as the last one was Friday.   March is running out and this is still a mess - at least on my account.     

USPS is actually moving through the system pretty well and orders I didn't even expect to be delivered yet are though still show pre-transit.    I have a small hand full from yesterday that are now updating correctly but not every one I shipped and many, many more from the last few weeks that have dropped my shipping evaluation down to under 80%.

I figured I'd lose the badge at some point but because of something *I* did.   This is particularly annoying since I ship every order on time and with tracking.

Fingers crossed for some luck of the Irish news today?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This is absolute BS.  I had two still showing pre-transit long after delivery... got on the chat with an Etsy rep, who fixed them... and NOW... NOW... DAAAAAAYS LATER... my shipping score has gone down. How can I be missing tracking info when I buy Every. Single. Label. through Etsy?   I THOUGHT I'd prevented this from happening, but apparently it didn't.  And yes, I'm yelling.  I'm beyond furious.  This stupid Star Seller program has got to go.  It not only punishes us for tiny mistakes like answering a message 2 minutes past 24 hours (gawd forbid life happens), or only responding to one of two from the same person, NOW we're being punished for ETSY'S INEPTITUDE as well.  FFS.  

Honestly?  I don't care about the "perks" of that stupid program.   But I sure as H-E-double chopsticks RESENT being penalized by it when I did nothing wrong. 

Oh yeah.  The little chat tab?  Conveniently (for them) missing now.  (Well.  That just popped back up, at least... ::sigh of annoyance::)

9 Likes

Jump to solution

OK.  So I knew it was useless, but I contacted a rep about this anyway.   Their engineers are "still working on it"... and at least the poor individual I was ranty to acknowledged that it wasn't fair that we were being penalized for something that isn't our fault.   He said we'd be notified when the issue was resolved.  I laughed.  As if we're gonna be notified when it took them a week to even acknowledge it? 

And after that little exchange... I checked another thread on this same issue and someone posted a link to Etsy's original post acknowledging the issue.  That thread now seems to be closed.  They CLAIM their engineers pushed a fix... but obviously, either the damage is still there, or they didn't fix anything at all.  

Y'know... with all this Covid stuff making people crazy, I've been giving anyone who needs to work with the public major props for their patience and persistence... retail workers and customer service folks especially, since they seem to be among the lowest paid.  And I suppose that goes for Etsy chat agents, too, especially when I do believe there's really  nothing they can do sometimes.  G'blesha for staying polite and apologetic in the face of our frustration.  ::sigh:: 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah, I wouldn't have wanted to be on the other side of the Etsy desk really the last few months.    I'd venture a guess none (or at least most) of them actually had any involvement in these messes but they're holding the bag.

There's currently two pinned updates regarding the payment issue - essentially saying the same thing - so if one of those could drop off the forums in favor of an update on pre-transit, that would be wonderful.     Especially if declining numbers (even before April's evaluation) will affect search placement. 

3 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy doesn't seem to care. I am down to 96% besides having tracking on 100%. 

They told me "engineers are working on it" yesterday. As long as they worked on this, and refuse to use a solution such as freeze the program so we don't dip to unrecoverable numbers, I am not sure I believe they even have any engineers at Etsy anymore? 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh, they probably have a cute little train setup in the office and they take turns running it.  There's your "engineers"... ::eyeroll:: 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone for responding. I will try to reach someone on Monday, not that I am feeling hopeful anything will be resolved. I read something that the Etsy Support can not help with changing Star Seller stats and we need to contact “Technical Support “. I took a quick look over to tech support and it appears to only have a drop down menu to choose from which does not include anything that can help with the stuck pre transit. Also no live people to help on tech support either? Maybe I am missing something? I will have to go back with a fresh mind on Monday. I had to step away.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I’ve requested call backs and never get them, been on chat with them 4 times and basically told I just have to wait.

I’ll lose star seller for April if they don’t fix it and it’s no fault of my own.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh yay.  Just found another "pre-transit".  I had a customer buy a couple of additional items, combined her shipping... it's the same tracking number for both packages... it's moving on the first order, but not changing on the second.  Maybe I can get on the chat and have them fix it before it gets to her so I don't get dinged for this one?   ::sigh:: 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I got help through chat today!!!  I downloaded the orders that said I didn't have shipping into a spread sheet.  I added columns for customer name, tracking number, and delivery status.  I included the date they were delivered.  I saved it as a pdf.  Then I went into chat and dropped the pdf into the chat box and explained the situation and they updated them for me.  YAY!!!!!

1 Like

Jump to solution

UPDATE on my SECOND instance of this issue:

Got another agent who fixed the latest.  THIS one tried to claim that it was a glitch with USPS.  I flat out said that was not true.  Then she said it was a "syncing" problem between Etsy and USPS with "some orders".  I said I did not believe that either, since the order I was wanting fixed had the SAME tracking number (combined shipping) as an order with tracking which WAS updating.  

She also claimed that this problem would be fixed and would not affect my SS badge.  Hah.   Not buying that either, told her I got it fixed last time and still got dinged; that's not what I am hearing on the forums, we'll see.  And I suppose we will.  I don't have tons of sales, but this has now happened three times for me.  If I were one of you folks who had a lot, I'd be worried.  

Someone said that your success in resolving this problem depends on the agent you get.  I guess so. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Monday, March 20

I messaged three Etsy agents today. The response was the same with all three agents. Technical Support is well aware of this “pre transit” error. They are working on fixing the problem. There is no time frame available for when this issue might be corrected. So there you have it. 

0 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you,

ok so I went back a fourth time today to etsy support. I reworded my statement. “ Please manually fix to delivered status” the agent said no problem and proceeded to fix. He asked me to provide last four SS digits, last four banking account and Etsy balance. I thought this was strange and didn’t feel comfortable. He told me if I wanted the delivery notifications fixed I needed to provide these. I went to look for the account info and accidentally lost the conversation! This is maddening! Now its to late in the day and chats are closed. I still feel strange for the account questions though? Also did I actually ALOMST get an agent that could fix the error?? I have read in many of the threads that it DOES DEPEND ON WHO HELPS YOU? Who knows? I am beyond aggravated. I will try back again tomorrow.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You just reminded me that the first agent asked me all that... and the second time it happened, that agent did not.  HMMPHM.   I do kinda get why they ask that, they want to make sure that they're dealing with the actual account holder, but still.  You'd really think that they'd be able to tell.  And who the heck would bother asking for that kind of help if they weren't the account holder!? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wednesday March 22

Delivery status looks fixed and updated! I received an email that Etsy has corrected the errors but to keep an eye on it! What a relief!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I got that email too.  Could have knocked me over with a feather that they actually DID contact me as the second agent promised.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.