Tracking Issue I Don't Know How to Fix

I had one shop put on payment reserve and another lose star seller status because my "tracking isn't valid?"   I partner with a printing company and copy and paste the tracking number they email to me.  I've done this since 2012.  Now doing the same exact process I have some, but not all orders being dinged for not having tracking.  I tried to reach out to customer service and that process is a multiple person nightmare.  Total waste of time and no help.  Is anyone else dealing with this?   @cindylouwho2 can you help?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Tracking Issue I Don't Know How to Fix

Unfortunately, I don't know much about printing companies and US tracking. Are they all shipping within the US? 

Also unfortunately, while you can work to fix this going forward, they will not change your reserve or star seller status retroactively. 

0 Likes

Thanks Cindy, yes only shipping to the US.  

0 Likes
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

VintageBeach, I don't know how to fix it either. And the following is just my opinion:  don't worry about it.

I've had Star Seller frequently - but on occasion have lost it for one reason or another, none really valid or related to my service. I don't think it makes *any difference at all* to the customer. The customer sees one of your items, maybe in Search, maybe via Google, maybe by accident. They like what they see enough to check it out, and hopefully buy.  They may well never go to your front page, but if they do, they'll be looking at your items, not the top of your page.  

I don't know if Star Seller gives us a boost in Search - I've heard definitely Yes and definite No on that.  If it helps with search, then yes it's worth pursuing. So spend the time you feel is helpful to trying to fix the glitch.  But other than that.... don't worry about it!! 

0 Likes

@weekendjewelry1 But if one shop is on reserve and the reserve money can't be released until the tracking picks up, then this is definitely something to worry about. 

(Star Seller definitely does not give anyone a boost in search - I'd ignore anyone who says it does LOL)

0 Likes
Artsy
Post Crafter

Thanks, I agree, I don't care about the Star Seller but my other shop is on payment reserve because of it.  This feels unfair and annoying.

1 Like

@VintageBeach: Do the orders still show in "pre transit"? Usually means that the tracking information AS ENTERED cannot be validated. What happens if you click on the tracking number link on the actual order (using a browser)?

Has the package been scanned? Sometimes a tracking number cannot be validated until after the first scan is publicly available. If the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Something as simple as a leading or trailing space can cause validation to fail.

2 Likes
Artsy
Post Crafter

I'm not sure which orders have an issue and wasn't aware it was an issue until Etsy made the changes to my shops.  I will check in with the Printing Co. and see if changes were made.  All the packages are making it to their destinations. Shouldn't that be all that matters:)  

Thanks for your help, I'll see if I can delve into it. 

0 Likes

@Artsy: "I'm not sure which orders have an issue" You need to check the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page (last review period for February star) to see what Etsy thinks is late or otherwise has something wrong with it. In particular make sure that *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* has a date, *Tracking/label date* has a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

1 Like

Check with your POD to see if they changed something in the tracking numbers they supply you with.  It is USPS they ship with or do they switch it up?  If they switch it up do they tell you what tracking number works with what service? 

1 Like
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

@cindylouwho2, thank you, that's a totally valid point! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.