Hi,

I'm newish to Etsy and have been leaving a public response to my positive reviews. I just want to be personable and let the buyer know how much I appreciate their review without being spammy by sending a personal message. I know most people use the public response option to deal with negative reviews. Does anyone know if it is bad to respond to publicly to positive reviews? Does the algorithm view public responses as a negative thing even if you dealing with positive reviews?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Thoughts on leaving public responses to positive reviews

Thank you all for your insight and thoughts. A while back I attended an Etsy online event about Google SEO. During the question and answer portion some asked about review response and the Google representative said he felt it was best practice to respond to reviews. This is one of the reasons I started doing it. But, then I got a little paranoid that maybe Etsy views responses different than Google. Thank you @PoochandTabby for letting me know that Etsy considers responding to reviews as a way to " build trust". I think I will continue with my responses to keep consistent. Again, thank you all for taking the time to share your viewpoints. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
DavidandRau
Conversation Maker

Re: Thoughts on leaving public responses to positive reviews

In all our sales i have left 4 reviews. Reviews are for customers and i feel you should not reply.

Plus i personally find it annoying to see the shop say 'thank you' after each review.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.