Belodanny
Inspiration Seeker

The star seller miscalculated.

Jump to solution

My message response rate remained at 93%. I replied to my client but there are 2 different message boxes. Instead of responding to the request for help, I replied in the messaging section.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: The star seller miscalculated.

Jump to solution

Hello @Belodanny,

Messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. However, when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created which needs a response separately. These types of message threads need to be responded to in 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The rules make it clear that if you get duplicate messages you still have to reply to both, you only replied to one of the messages, so you lost points.  It is what it is, but it isn't a mistake as far as Etsy is concerned.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

each new message thread has to be replied to, it has calculated correctly

etsy highlights them in blue, so you can't miss them,

and the "help request" absolutely has to be replied to, as that starts the 48 hour clock ticking for them to be able to open a case

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @Belodanny,

Messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. However, when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created which needs a response separately. These types of message threads need to be responded to in 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.