I have clicked through my poster shop. This technical problem does only affect posters where there is some naked skin visible or portraits of woman. There is even a poster blocked with a religious painting. Also pictures of antique statues are blocked. Interestingly, my two photo posters with a naked male are not affected..... The listing text or the tags do not seem to have any influence.

In my impression there is a AI going wild, cleaning etsy from naked skin but overshooting the target by far.

Re: The "not available in your region" problem is due to naked skin

My deer are showing and surely leather is all skin?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Won't be surprised if AL starts censoring hand photos next. AL's working overtime and needs a break! Lol

0 Likes
EpoqueVintage
Conversation Maker

@GreenAcresCottage 

That's hilarious, I just clicked on your vintage baby deer and bunny Xmas card.

Even "Bambi" does not escape the Etsy censor bots! 

3 Likes

I think this is right - I saw one that was unavailable yesterday - a watercolor image of some voluptuous , flesh-toned ...

PUMPKINS!  

As for the error message stating unavailability in a "region" - I think it has nothing to do with a shop or Buyer's location.  Remember earlier this year, that message was being used on knives and cutlery (and items that LOOKED like knives) for countries that forbids sale of such items?

I think the bot programmers haven't gotten around to thinking of new wording for the automated message yet.

3 Likes

Oh right - it was last year -

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/selling-cutlery-knives-eg-fish-knives/m-p/139245522

And another example of Etsy's "cracking a nut with a sledgehammer" , as @Marmalady  so succinctly put it!

1 Like

@PillowDetails I can confirm that this latest bug is not regional. I only sell within Australia and I have two affected Marilyn Monroe listings. I tried changing my shipping location (within a different shop's listing) to several other countries that I don't ship to and still got the same error message on my own listings.

I am furious. For some reason this bug has got my blood boiling, way more than the other recent ones we have had to deal with. I have reported it to Etsy and requested compensation for every day my affected items are not available for sale.

1 Like

@PillowDetails 

That is a legal requirement selling knives online to the UK,

It is practically impossible to do it on any platform,

Most knives can't be sold at all online to the UK

Those that can, like cutlery, have to have age verification software, which checks the person against something like the electoral register, and also with expensive postage, which has to be purchased with age verification checks on delivery.

Etsy just isn't set up to do this, as it's 1 worldwide site.

Amazon has the 3rd party checking software, and only allows cutlery to be shipped FBA - so Amazon puts the expensive age verification postage on it 

0 Likes

Oh, Crafty - I'm fully aware about the knives - just making the observation that Etsy is using the same "unavailable in your region" message, when this latest situation clearly has nothing to do with location.

5 Likes
PulptasticPrints
Inspiration Seeker

Okay, this REALLY got me laughing!! (Which I needed after all the frustration.) They must be VERY sexy pumpkins! (And I'm assuming other gourds might be problematic ....) 

3 Likes

By the way - if anyone is getting messages from Buyers about certain items affected by this - tell them to fave the thumbnail, then go on the mobile Buyer app (orange icon) - if they can.  They can look in their recent faves, and tap to view / purchase there.

I posted this is other threads, but all the items I've seen with the "unavailable" message are still viewable and buyable on the Buyer app!

5 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.