PrintSharkOnline
Inspiration Seeker

The new messaging update is broken

Anyone else having issues with the new messaging update? I have excellent response time for new messages but now with all of the new blue tagged messages "* From buyer account" and "New request" it is so confusing to track new messages. Even old messages that I have responded to are being shown as not responded to and it is effecting my response rate. I'm concerned I will loose my star seller badge if this continues, on top of missing a bunch of new messages because of the confusion.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

Re: The new messaging update is broken

I don't get many messages so I'm not sure if this would help but, on a computer browser at least, you can create your own labels to apply to messages. Maybe you can set up some labels that help you keep track? e.g when you respond you could add a label of "responded" or something like that.

0 Likes

@PrintSharkOnline: "I'm concerned I will loose my star seller badge ..." So far it looks like these user interface issues are not negatively affecting Star Seller stats. Just make sure to keep an eye on your Star Seller stats and the applicable CSV file to catch any issues right away.

0 Likes

I have been trying to respond to someone for 2 days now who had some questions about one of my items.  It keeps telling me that "sorry, you cant communicate with this person right now".  Very frustrating.  I'll try another browser but have never had this trouble.  I'm just concerned that they may think I'm ignoring their request.  Not sure if Etsy is going to fix this problem.   

0 Likes

Also, the message did not pop up when I accessed my account on my laptop.  The only way I knew there was a message was that it came up in my email.  

0 Likes
PrintSharkOnline
Inspiration Seeker

I am now having multiple accounts go to spam even though I ALREADY REPLIED TO THEM. This is beyond frustrating. Why activate spam if their is no option on the app to see it? 

Every time I message someone that is a "New seller" or "Potential buyer" with the blue tag (That doesn't go away) I get the pop up like it's the first time I've messaged them. Get it together Etsy. Messaging was fine, now its a mess and costing me money.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.