This is just plain weird.  I pulled up a message from a customer and I can only see about 2 rows of text and it scrolls very eratically.  She is experiencing the same thing.    Anybody else?  

maisiev
Crafty Poster

Re: The message window has all but disappeared

@BootifulLabels  Just looked for the expansion lines, unfortunately only have them on reply box !

Maybe I should be thankful for small mercies!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

On Friday, it was fixed on my Firefox browser (I didn't think to check Edge). But just about an hour ago, it started again. I am saved by the brilliant person(s) who said to reduce the size of our view (CONTROL key and MINUS key) until you see the SEND button. THAT WORKED so I'm still able to work this afternoon. Whew!! Thank you for the work around!!! I LOVE this forum!

I forgot to mention something that I don't remember happening last Friday ... now, when I'm writing a reply, I can no longer scroll up to re-read the original message from the customer to make sure I'm not forgetting to answer a question. I work around this by opening two tabs so I can read the original message in one tab and reply in the other.

0 Likes

@HorizonCottage 

To read the original message keep reducing the view and it will return. By then  it is reduced so much  you probably can't read it but it does work.  I can get mine back if I reduce the window to 70% but by then I cannot read it anyway!

1 Like

Yes, I had no messages which I knew was wrong.  Then I got an e-mail that I was not reading my messages....I got back and said I have no messages...then all of a sudden I had 45 messages.  This is so screwed up...then I am getting complaints.  International mail is halted and I have international mailings...one complained because she did not receive her order which had been shipped 3 days before.  Etsy refunded her without telling me....so now I am penalized because of the Royal Mail hack.  Who do I contact?

0 Likes

It's Tuesday and my "new normal" is (1) writing my response and then clicking CTRL plus the MINUS (dash) key to reduce the size of the page until the SEND button reappears. And, (2) opening a separate tab to read the message since I can't scroll back up to it once I start my reply. This is a very workable workaround and I'm grateful to those of you who join in and share ideas for workarounds to help your fellow Etsians cope with issues like this while Etsy's engineers try to figure out what happened and how to fix it. There must be a million moving parts in code this complex and I'm grateful that I'm not the one who has to figure it out. It takes a Village and I'm glad you guys are mine! Thank you!

0 Likes

Yes, on the computer.

0 Likes

Still an issue for me on 4/23/24 - Windows 10, Firefox

0 Likes

@NonaDesigns 

Same for me and all my "stats" are same as yours. At this point I don't believe it will me fixed. If they keep d---king around with it , it may even get worse!  Shows how much faith I have in Etsy tech!

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

The thing is, we shouldn't *have* to find a workaround for a process that was simplistic and actually worked as it was supposed to. Now it's 5x the effort just to answer a simple question. Heaven forbid if they ask multiple questions that have to be addressed. Considering the apparent need to treat every shop on Etsy as if they are small children without an ounce of common sense, I don't expect this "new" messaging system to revert back to the way it was.

I miss the Etsy of pre-2020 ::cry::

3 Likes

@TastefulArtisan 

Amen to everything you said!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.