TrumpOnCanvas
Inspiration Seeker

Suspended seller account

Jump to solution

Hello,

I had a technical issue while verifying my credit card information as a new user. Now I am suspended! The verification link now has expired, and the help center is a looping rabbit hole...I am fed up, I need help. Today I just payed my fees...so my credit card is verifyed, right? Please help

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suspended seller account

Jump to solution

@TrumpOnCanvas What you received was a scam attempt.  The reason you cannot reply is because the sender was identified as a scammer and Etsy deleted their account.  Your shop is not suspended.  

There are currently several different scams affecting sellers.  Read the warning signs:

Protect Your Account From Scammers - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Solved: How to Spot a Scam - No a Buyer Doesn't Need Your ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

View solution in original post

4 Likes

Jump to solution

You are a new shop with no sales. This is a complete SCAM. 

Etsy already has all of your details, email address and bank details. Unfortunately you will receive loads and they are all SCAMS

View solution in original post

3 Likes
17 Replies

Jump to solution

The shop you're posting with is not suspended.  Are you talking about a second shop?

Did you get a message that originally asked for your email address?  Did you then get a regular email asking for credit card or bank details?

0 Likes
TrumpOnCanvas
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I received this message from etsy: "Ѕales in your store are temporarily suspended tо cоmplete verification. Please prοvide yоur email address so we can send you a verificatiоn form." When I try to provide my (already verfied) email adress, this pops up "The username you have entered is not a valid Etsy user."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TrumpOnCanvas What you received was a scam attempt.  The reason you cannot reply is because the sender was identified as a scammer and Etsy deleted their account.  Your shop is not suspended.  

There are currently several different scams affecting sellers.  Read the warning signs:

Protect Your Account From Scammers - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Solved: How to Spot a Scam - No a Buyer Doesn't Need Your ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

4 Likes

Jump to solution

etsy doesn't verify credit cards,

they verify bank account numbers - did you put your card number in, instead of your bank account number?

only etsy can help, if you did this

from your dashboard - help - contact us - keep going until you get to "I still need help"

do you have a big banner on finances, saying you need to verify your bank account?

or was it  a scammer trying to ask for card details - do NOT give anyone your card details

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Sounds like a scam to me. If you gave them your credit card details you should contact your bank and get the card stopped.

Anyone can message you via the message system. Etsy rarely sends messages and if it's for something important regarding finances they will email you and put a notification on your shop manager dashboard.

Genuine messages from Etsy will appear in the 'From Etsy' folder of your message inbox (check using a browser). If it's not in that folder then it's from a buyer (or in this case a scammer).

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That is a scam!! Many have come to the forum with the same message.  Always log into your account to see what's actually going on, never rely on info in an email (many scam emails look so legit!) and absolutely never click a link either. 

Your shop is open and sales have not been suspended.  You will need much better titles than just the word "Canvas" for every one.  Your items will appear in totally unrelated searches and all the useless traffic with no sales will drag your shop score down and Google won't show them as it will think they are all duplicates. 

How to Optimise Your Listings for Etsy Search – Etsy

You also need to add your location to show up in US specific searches: How to Add Your Shop's Location – Etsy

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You are a new shop with no sales. This is a complete SCAM. 

Etsy already has all of your details, email address and bank details. Unfortunately you will receive loads and they are all SCAMS

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Look at your shop and you will see it’s still up.  If you want to make sure it’s still working then sign out of your shop and see if you can put an item in the cart. If it goes in then your shop is accepting orders. So if your shop is still visible and you can add items to the cart then it should be easy to figure out that the message is a scam. It sounds like many shops are believing the message without checking their shop first to see if it’s true or not. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I receive plenty of this type of scam… if you are new on Etsy, beware all messages… I have learned Etsy does not correspond with you through messages but by email… some scams are very convincing!

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TrumpOnCanvas  Sounds like a scam. Etsy would only "message" you in the "From Etsy" message folder. Do you not see the message folder? 

0 Likes
TrumpOnCanvas
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you all, I am sure it is a scam

1 Like
scentsandember
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi there - I’m a new Etsy shop user and I’m REALLY struggling with what’s a scam and what isn’t. Previously when trying verify my account I was asked to proved all my card details and balance, which I did, but then cancelled the transaction in my app.

what or how do I verify, and what do stay ask for? I’ve had one email saying my accounts suspended and another telling that I have an order pending but need to verify? Surely this was ALL done in the set up process??

the support isn’t helpful at all.

many thanks in advance

Jamie  

0 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Sounds mostly like scammers. 

First of all if anyone sends you a message on Etsy, it also is forwarded by Etsy as an email. So that includes customers, etsy sellers, etsy members, and Scammers.

If you get one of these forwarded Message emails it is FROM: conversations@mail.etsy.com

IT is NOT a direct email from Etsy, their system is just forwarding any messages from other Etsy members. 

Etsy RARELY sends direct Etsy messages, I've only gotten 3 in 14 years, and all of those were in 2023 asking me to join a group to test a new feature.

You need to go to Etsy on a web-browser (not the APP), and look at your MESSAGES.  If it is a Real message from Etsy staff, then it will be found in the folder FROM ETSY.  If the message is not in the folder, then it is a scam message from someone pretending to be Etsy.

If you get a direct email from Etsy Support it is usually because you have contacted them through the Etsy Website - that is from From: support@etsy dot com and From:support@etsy.zendesk dot com  

You NEVER need to give your email to Etsy, because they already have it from looking at your registration.  You never need to give your email to a potential buyer either.  If someone is not a customer, has not make a purchase yet fom you, conduct any business ON Etsy using Etsy message. 

If you do SELL an item and the transaction is completed and you can see it on your orders page, as well as in your finances page, then your buyer is given your email address on their invoice, and they might choose to email you, but most buyers use the Etsy message system. 

0 Likes
DavidandRau
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Those are all scams. If its from etsy it will be in the etsy  folder.

Also you may not have copyright lisence to sell items with the likeness of another person.  Better check into that before you are shut down.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Be careful of scams, as well as intellectual property rights with the items you sell.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@scentsandember: Were the messages in the "From Etsy" section on your Messages page when checking messages using a browser? If not, they are a SCAM.

Real messages from Etsy are now going into their own section (labeled as "From Etsy") on your Messages page https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899 but apparently this is only true when using a browser.

You might want to read the excellent post by @bradgoodell in https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/How-to-Spot-a-Scam-No-a-Buyer-Doesn-t-Need-Your-Ema... and https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Why-do-they-ask-me-for-my-e-mail-in-order-to-make-a-p...

Additionally there is also a very informative thread from @StickIt2M at https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Nefarious-activity-aimed-at-sellers-quot-The-user-nam...

There is also official information from Etsy at https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000343128-How-to-Handle-Spam-and-Suspicious-Messages?segm...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Please be careful, there are many scam messages aimed at stealing your account.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.