GalleryThane
Inspiration Seeker

Suspended Shop - no reason given - star seller with all fees up to date

My shop has star seller ststus and all payments are up to date so I was shocked to see that my shop had been suspended by Etsy without any warning - no email message (yes, I checked spam folders).

I filed an appeal and two days later my shop is active again - still no message from Etsy to explain why my shop had been suspended.

Has anyone else suffered this problem?

If Etsy treat me this poorly I really don't feel like continuing with my shop

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Suspended Shop - no reason given - star seller with all fees up to date

It is up to you whether you continue your shop (and I am sure you will).  

Etsy bots do crazy things or perhaps you were being re-verified.  You should have received something to say why or a banner on your Dashboard.  The fact that it is operational again means it was an error or everything Etsy might have checked is okay. 

0 Likes

I just looked and it’s open. 

0 Likes

This happened to me today. It was awful. It's back up and running now... but there's not going to be any apology from Etsy for the whole day ruined and spent crying over it. They treat sellers really, really badly. 

1 Like
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Most functions on Etsy are managed by bots and sometimes the programming is a bit open to interpretation, which of course bots are not good at.  You can take it personally, or just shrug it off and carry on as normal.  I prefer the latter, it is less stressful than letting an automated program ruin my day.

1 Like

I don't think it's ok for any platform to play fast and loose with people's livelihoods or emotions. If the bots can make errors of that magnitude, they need urgent reprogramming. Why can't the bot put a warning in your store before completely shutting it down? Etsy make enough money to provide better support than they do. If they cared about their sellers they would invest more in ensuring this sort of thing didn't happen. 

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.