Support Request Question

Anyone else having support requests closed when the issue has not been resolved? In the last several months, I had 3 support requests not resolved but requests were closed despite the not-resolved-yet status.  Requests were fully documented with screen shots. I would go to check my support request at least once a week. and once a month I would add “still need help with this”. So surely no one can claim that they thought it had already been resolved. One issue has been going on for over a year. Another for several months.  Very upsetting and frustrating to have issues ignored, closed, and told to open another request “if I still need help”. How can we get issues resolved if it appears that no one is trying to resolve anything beyond generic copy-and-paste info that does not really address the issue?  Does anyone have any advice?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
15 Replies

Re: Support Request Question

3 Likes

will try this, Thanks.

0 Likes

You should stop handing out that link. When you click submit with your phone number, it says the link doesn’t exist any longer. They must’ve found out about it.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I don't know what your issue is, so I'm not sure why this would be happening to you.

But Etsy has become well known for its poor customer service.

If it's a problem with the site and Etsy has no intention of spending the time/money to fix it, that could be one reason for such dismissive  behavior.

If it's something you want to mention here, you could try that.

1 Like

One of the problems: I have 502 pages of favorites…but only one item actually shows. So I cannot delete them. Every couple of days one more item may “pop in” to view, but for the most part, all favorites are inaccessible. So no, etsy does not consider this really an issue so it is probably never going to be fixed. However, they admit that I am not the only one having this problem.

Another issue:  I have a constant reminder that I have either a new message or an item to review…but if I click on it, there is nothing there. I am told it is a known issue and “ignore it”. Once again, they admit that I am not the only one impacted, but “we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members”. Which I interpret to mean that since it is not losing them any money, it is not going to get fixed….

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Yah.

That crappy looking half hidden announcement that I see in shops makes me just roll my eyes. It looks so incompetent, amateurish and shoddy,  but I doubt that they will ever fix it, and I have learned not to waste my time complaining.

A good rule of thumb for Etsy is .... unless it is costing Etsy money, Etsy is not going to spend money to fix it.

0 Likes

If you keep relying to all their replies that don't answer  your question with a subject line of "I Still Need Help," eventually a real person will review it, and you might get results. You may receive several canned replies before a person steps in to deal with your issue. I had one issue that took 4 or 5 months to resolve, then all was well for a couple months, now they are doing the same thing again.

We all know Etsy support sucks, but you have to keep trying. If you can get the link for a callback (it is not always available) you might get better results.

0 Likes

i went back to all 3 requests and typed "I still need help" at least once a month. and they closed them all anyway with no word that anything had changed

0 Likes

Because they are known issues that Etsy has no desire to fix, you most likely will get no more help.

Sadly, Etsy is more likely to dangle a shiny new toy in front of us to distract us than to fix old, known issues.

2 Likes

I was told they automatically close tickets after 3 months, which does seem to be true for most of mine, including ones where they said they will get back to me. They do extend some, but me replying "still need help" does not keep them open. Only staff activity seems to do that. 

2 Likes

OK, thanks everyone.

0 Likes

It could be that Etsy believes the information to resolve can be found outside in Help and other areas.  If this is a display issue or other, it might be your computer or device for which Etsy can do nothing. 

If these are not sensitive issues or something you can ask generally, it might help to do so in the forums to get an idea if your written requests isn't being worded in the way Etsy needs to understand.  I have experienced having to rwrite my question a few times to get them to understand.

Sometimes it is something they can do nothing about so no answer is ever had.  I had such an issue years ago.  The date on the label did not change.  Etsy could not replicate the problem and so they concluded it was not really a problem and they never solved it.  Eventually the problem stopped happening when they altered the label procedures.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@aStateOfGrace why don't you request a Call Back from Etsy? For call backs on the weekdays you can go through Shop Manager>Community & Help>Contact Us>Selling on Etsy>(select appropriate dropdown)> I Still Need Help>... Call backs are 7a.m. to 9pm eastern time in English.

0 Likes

Thanks, will do.

0 Likes

Sometimes here, no response IS the response (sadly).

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.