Store name not showing in search

My store name no longer shows up when searched for.  I have Blue Poppy Bath listed in most of my tags.  When I search, I do not show up.  This past week my sales have fallen off a cliff.  It seems I am indexed when I search for items within my store but am shocked my store name doesn't have any results in search.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Store name not showing in search

@BluePoppyBath  Hi, I typed "bluepoppybath" into the Search Bar. With the exception of a couple of  items, all of the items on Pg. 1 were yours (I think there were 47). The Search Bar didn't give me a menu which said Did You mean Shop bluepoppybath? as it normally does. There is a recent test which removes this option from the menu on the Search Bar.  For me, this test comes and goes.  However, the text which was in the Search Bar Menu is now Flush Left, and just resting above the first row of photos.  It says Did You Mean Shop BluePoppyBath? It's a link.  I clicked it and it took me directly to your Shop.  *(desktop computer)

2 Likes

@ChillwolfArtI did a chat with Etsy yesterday and seems the shop names are missing when typing in the search bar with spaces in between the shop name.  If you remove spaces, then a tiny little sentence appears on the left, extremely small font so you would completely not see it, "Did you mean Blue Poppy Bath" No buyer is going to search for a store with no spaces in between the words.  Crazy.  Its like Etsy doesn't want your store to be found. 

I couldnt find my items yesterday in search either even though my name is in all the tags.  Of course the explanation was each search is personalized, blah blah blah.  Recommendation was to change all my tags to bluepoppybath  with no spaces.  Come on, no one searches for a store and removes the spaces. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@BluePoppyBath  I almost didn't see that tiny font which was not in the Search Bar (but was at the top Left of search results). It's very small, and I'm on a large screen desktop computer. It can easily be missed. And the Shop Name missing in the Search Bar is definitely a recent test.

I went back into my Stats for this year (I reopened Aug. 27). Under Etsy Search, there were 7 searches under "chillwolfart" (no spaces). I do have my Shop Name in my Tags (with no spaces. When I've searched for other Shops, I've never put spaces in the Shop Name.

ETA:  Here is another Thread where the OP is in this same test (no Shop Name in Search Bar).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Search-is-not-bringing-up-shop-names-anymore-WHY/m-p/...

0 Likes

Like you, I don't see your listings when doing that search (unlike @ChillwolfArt) but I do see the link for your shop. So this sounds like a test; not everyone sees it.

"If you remove spaces, then a tiny little sentence appears on the left, extremely small font so you would completely not see it, "Did you mean Blue Poppy Bath" - that's been how it has worked for years now, on desktop. 

Did you previously get almost all of your search views for the term "Blue Poppy Bath"? If not, then this test won't affect you that much. 

I never used to waste tags on my shop name, as I was easy to find, but back when Etsy started testing adding items to the search without the search terms, some versions just showed one listing from another shop and nothing else, so I do understand your frustration. Because sellers often look for me when wanting to ask a question, "cindylouwho2" is my number one search term, but it is still only a tiny fraction of my search hits overall. The next few queries on the list in total give me more hits here, and I am found for well over 1000 more searches as well. 

2 Likes

@cindylouwho2I do get a lot of searches with my name, I have many repeat customers.  Today search is different from last night.  Last night nothing came up from my store.  Today, I am getting items showing up when searching my name.  That little tiny sentence on the left is something new I am seeing.  So maybe that is a test.  Etsy is trying to make us invisible so they are the brand, not the individual store.

0 Likes

@BluePoppyBath I have lots of repeat customers too, and as I said, plenty of sellers looking for me, but even though my name is the number one search term, it is still less than 0.5% of my total searches. What percentage is yours? 

"That little tiny sentence on the left is something new I am seeing." - it's been there for years, when you search a proper shop name. Since you only seem to search shops by adding spaces to a proper shop name, you many not have seen it before, but I can assure you, it's been there for a very long time.  Definitely not a test! 

I am seeing nothing when I search your shop name with spaces. So, I repeat, that looks like a test, which is why you are getting different results today. If I checked a different device, I'd probably see different results too. 

0 Likes

@cindylouwho2Its so tiny that is probably why I never saw it!  I will have to look tomorrow at my search terms for what percentage Blue Poppy Bath is.  Thanks for looking into things, I appreciate your perspective!

1 Like

@BluePoppyBath It is pretty tiny 
; - )

0 Likes
TinTeddy
Community Maker

I just noticed that the shop names weren't coming up in searches. I tried it in three different browsers, and all three were the same.

Sigh, I hope this is just one of the "lets do this stuff just before Christmas because that is the busiest time for our sellers, so they are bound to appreciate us messing stuff about for them!" tests.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.