NubCreates
Inspiration Seeker

Still no sales since listing in May

I don't know what is wrong why I still don't have one sale what is wrong with my shop I really need some help

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Still no sales since listing in May

Promote on social media lots.

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1224309333/hoodie-carbon-african-print?click_key=cf1f7847736ad4e01fdb9f...

i am confused.

it shows the main image with a neon green? hoodie and no choice of that color in the listing.

it says primary color: black red or white

second  color:  pink orange yellow or purple

is the primary color the color of the hoodie?

what is the second color for?  

it says all sizes are UK sizes but..

in the materials it says: size l us letter?

and no drop down menu for a size anyway.

1 Like

Some of your t-shirts don't have sizes at all. I would not buy without knowing what size it is. Even the ones that have sizes like Small, Medium,etc should have a picture of a size chart giving the actual measurements for the main parts of the shirt for each size. Being in the US, I have no idea what the measurements are for the equivalent in UK sizes.

Your return policies are illegal for the UK and EU countries, so you have no Seller Protection and Etsy will not enforce them because there are laws that force you to give refunds in those countries unless it is customized or personalized. Since you don't take returns, your customers have up to a year and a day to ask for a refund, and they won't even have to return the merchandise.

Especially with clothing that might not fit, and is not personalized, I would not buy anything without a return policy, and many people will feel the same way.

Your descriptions don't have much useful information. I would want to know what the fabric is made from, and washing and care instructions. The type of printing is the only useful thing included.  I would want to see a sizing chart. Put all your promotional general information that you are putting on all your products near the bottom, after all the specific information for that product.

Most of your tags are single words. They should be multiple word phrases and as specific to that particular product as possible. People who search with one word general phrases are just browsing and don't even know what they want to buy yet, or if they want to buy anything. Plus those terms are ultra competitive. When tags are very specific, people already know what they want to buy and are likely to but the first thing they find that meets their criteria, so when you do get a click, it is much more likely to result in a sale.

1 Like

@NubCreates 

All of the listings I clicked on in your shop are extremely confusing in my opinion.

Example- this listing https://www.etsy.com/listing/1247366466/2022-carnival-t-shirt

Your photos show 5 different t-shirt designs in 2 colors and 2 different fits/cuts (unisex boxy fit and slim fitted ladies fit). Your variations/options are to select color and size in US letter (even though the description says everything is UK sizing). So which design will the buyer get? is it a standard unisex fit T or the slim fitted ladies style? The description you have for the listing is just as confusing too. As a buyer I find the whole thing too confusing, I have no idea what I would be getting if I purchased that listing so I would just leave and continue on my search in another shop.

You may want to go through your shop listing by listing and ask yourself if it's clear and easy for a shopper to understand and make a purchase. If it's not quick and easy then that may be part of the problem. If you need help with setting up listings and variations then you may want to consider asking for help here in the forums. 

1 Like

Your items can't be found because your titles are too short and you are using single word tags.  You should use phrases in your titles you think a buyer might type in or say to Alexa.  Then repeat the same phrases in your tags.  Nobody is likely to type in Melanin T Shirt True Gold so you need to describe it better.  Say what it is, the colours, the text, who might want it, etc so that you target your market with your title to let the search engine know who to show it to. 

Here is Etsy's helpsheet about search:  https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015745428-How-Etsy-Search-Works

All the best

0 Likes

Your listing:

"Children Diff Favourites"

The title doesn't tell customers WHAT the item is.  What is "diff"?  Would a person search for that when looking for a "Blue kids t shirt with Chasing Sunlight" printed on the front?

You show a bunch of styles of what will be on the front, but you have no way for a person to choose a design?

TOO CONFUSING.

No wonder you aren't getting sales.

As a side note, your "PEPPA PIG" image in that listing is illegal to sell.  Unless you have licensing, that's an illegal counterfeit item that needs to be removed.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-intellectual/22398703823

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.