Star seller

I recently had three orders picked up in my retail shop. I marked them as complete and chose "picked up". They did not need a tracking number. Now my numbers for star seller have decreased from 100% to 85% for shipping. I have had this happen before and I don't think it is fair. This needs to be changed. Thank you, Janice Tucker Madhatter hats of pt

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Star seller

Etsy wants proof which comes in the form of a tracking number. It’s been that way since star seller started over 2 yrs ago.

3 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Pickups cannot be proven.  Etsy requires proof of shipping.  The rules actually state that pickups are not supported for SS.

If you are in the USA, you do have an option to purchase a 57c letter stamp through Etsy, which you can then use to send the buyer a receipt after pickup and this counts as tracked shipping (at least until Etsy decides to close the loophole).  To protect your self, you may want to prepare the receipt ahead of the pick up with two copies, have the buyer sign both, and then post one to the buyer and keep the other for your own records.  That way you do actually have proof of delivery signed by the buyer.

2 Likes

Etsy specifically says "

What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping. "

1 Like

I have actually shipped 2 orders to the same customer and marked one as shipped with the tracking number that both were shipped with and mine went to 99%. I ship everything with a tracking number always. I mean, really? Why?? Some of this stuff is stupid and it doesn't make sense.

0 Likes

@CherishedBlessings: Is is unclear from your post if you marked both orders as complete and entered the same shipped date, shipping company, and tracking number on BOTH.

If you did, has the package been scanned? Sometimes the "additional" order takes longer than the "original" order for the tracking status to get picked up.

You might also want to check the applicable CSV file from your Star Seller page to make sure that it is not some other order that Etsy thinks that there is something wrong with,

0 Likes

@BagmakerSupplyYes. I made the label directly through ETSY for one of the two orders. The next one I marked as complete and entered the same tracking number and USPS. It does it every time to me. It has been delivered since.

0 Likes
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Etsy and the payment processor also have a financial stake in every sale.  They make money from our sales and they want confirmation it was delivered.  

The idea of Star Seller probably came from etsy thinking up ways to increase the number of tracked packages. It's extremely unlikely they would ever allow hand delivery to count towards the SS metrics.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.