Star seller

I feel like I’ve done more than meet the criteria for my star seller badge and I’ve yet to receive my star . I’ve gotten 100 in all the catagories i needed to . And yet my star was not given to me ?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
16 Replies

Re: Star seller

Did you meet the minimun requirement for sales and orders? You need $300 in sales and 5 orders for the 3 month review period.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Trademark infringement will stop you from getting star seller.

2 Likes

@FinalflashDesigns  :  This is a seller peer to peer forum, not a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes post here).

There are SO MANY threads about this, so please don't be offended by the questions. Are you looking at the statistics for the correct period? Have you meet the minimum sales requirements? What do the appropriate CSV files say about your shipping and message response?

1 Like

do have you 3 months of data, your first review was end July?

and the badge showing for now, is from June, July, and August

0 Likes

@FinalflashDesigns - This is link to Etsy article on the Star Seller program:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503?segment=selling

I believe a shop has to be open for at least 90 days &/or that their first sale occurred at least 90 days ago to have the badges show?
Then there are the number of sales & total $$ sold requirements. 
However in your dashboard Etsy may show your progress.

Off topic, but do finish setting up your shop - add shop policies. These are very important especially if a shop ever needs to use Etsy's seller protections:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014372467-How-to-Set-Up-Your-Shop-Policies?segment=sellin...

Selling internationally: https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/selling-to-eu-buyers/239965962014?ref=list

Other suggested reading: https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-intellectual/22398703823

0 Likes

I've downloaded my spreadsheet and found that some of the orders which etsy has dinged me on for no shipping status have in fact received reviews and all have been delivered!  One even shows a partial refund and according to  Pirateship, which is who I use, shows delivered!  Another order I was dinged on for even has a 5 star review! This 5 star buyer has bought more multiple item orders since.  One more shows delivered also!  So this SS badge system is sadly defective and we are the ones paying for this flawed ''program''!  I've since ''chatted'' with an etsy spokesperson regarding these faulty stats and she agreed that it was incorrect and that was it!  So this SS is a bunch of crap but what's bad is it appears to me that our discovery in search placement seems to be affected by this SS badge!  

0 Likes

The star seller is for shipping on time, with tracking number (which has to be entered before the processing time ends)

not for actual delivery

star seller doesn't affect search placement - shipping late, or putting the tracking in late does

1 Like

CraftyCornishMaids regarding shipping on time my orders all ship within 24 and have since I opened my first shop on etsy over 12 years ago.  I've never had an order go past shipping times plus I've verified the orders in the shipping status have in fact been shipped and delivered.  So yeah the SS ''system'' is flawed unfortunately!   I've also noticed since the SS badge was ''employed'' a difference in viewing status.  It may all be in my head but that's what I've noticed!  

0 Likes

what I was trying to say, it's not just  shipping on time, but the tracking number has to be entered into etsy, before the ship by date ... and not changed afterwards

etsy doesn't actually look at the tracking number to see when it was shipped, or if it was shipped or delivered

it looks at the date on the file, for the last time you entered, or amended, the tracking number

1 Like

wrong place

0 Likes

@BandannaHeaven  : Reviews and the fact that the order has been delivered are irrelevant - the metric is for shipping. If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Not to say there are not errors on Etsy's side but often the problem is that the tracking information / processing time is incorrect on the order.

0 Likes

Exactly the reason I do not use etsy shipping.  I've notice etsy's shipping stats do not post like Pirateships which actually shows time, date with delivery.  I also personally enter shipping tracking #'s in the buyers message so I do in fact know that this info is correct and present.  Again etsy's accountability for me is in question especially when a new ''program'' is initiated.  Unfortunately we get to pay in many ways for their flawed system!

Oops I meant Bagmaker!

0 Likes

@BandannaHeaven 

when you mark the order as complete, you have to select the carrier, and put the tracking number, in the tracking field, at the time you mark it as complete,

putting it in the message to buyer does nothing for star seller

1 Like

Correct CraftyCornishMaids filling in the shipping carrier/label field indicates the order is shipped and hopefully USPS or the carrier scans it in. I've done this for years and know the procedure.  In my case I check all orders as soon as they are picked up which does indicate being scanned.  If etsy's was on top of tracking this would be one less issue.  This is exactly why I do not use etsy labels-etsy does a poor job of gathering/posting current data.

0 Likes

@BandannaHeaven 

for star seller, it doesn't matter if it tracks or not, or if it's delivered or not,
it doesn't even matter, if it is never scanned at all, ever

it matters the latest date you enter, or re-enter the tracking number, into the tracking field on the order, on etsy.
and if you go back and amend a tracking number, after the ship by date, then you are also dinged

0 Likes

Yes CraftyCornishMaids that I do know and have never changed delivery dates and have always shipped and entered on either the same day or within 24 hours. None of the late/changed shipping dates apply here.  It's just a simple case of a flawed system that hasn't been corrected.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.