Battleaxe3D
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller unobtainable due to outlier message

Jump to solution

I’m posting here because I can’t find where else Etsy gives another option to bring up star seller issues. I get very little in the way of messages to my shop, maybe 7 in total. One of these messages was very strange, it simply praised one of my products and thanked me for the low price all in broken English. It contained no question and the sender never placed an order off the back of it. I did not reply to this message and now have no way of being able to get back to Star seller status as I simply do not receive that many messages. 

Is there a way to get something done about strange outlying messages like this that affect my star seller status and so in turn my shop and sales? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller unobtainable due to outlier message

Jump to solution

@Battleaxe3D: Keep in mind that the Star Seller metric is that the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

We always consider these non transactional messages as an opportunity to try to convert the sender into a buyer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

Jump to solution

Mark it as spam and then it should fix your star seller 

1 Like
Battleaxe3D
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I went and deleted the message, next time I will either send a reply (any reply) or mark as spam 

0 Likes
Battleaxe3D
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Ok, found it in my deleted folder and marked it as spam. Will wait and see if that fixes it. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I get those type of messages in my other shop. I don't believe they are a "potential customer" . Potential customers get to the point when they send messages ! 

I mark them as spam and it stops the SS from getting effected 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can set up an automated message--I have one set for when I am away from my computer. If you don't get many first messages, it will take some time to boost your message reply up to get the star seller badge. You need to reply to all first contact messages. Sadly, you're just going to have to do the slow climb back up--I know for my other shop I don't have the star seller badge as rarely get messages. It's just one of those things sadly. 

0 Likes
NTLinhLanShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Oh, why do you only reply if that message is a question?
You can send a thank you note.

0 Likes
Battleaxe3D
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I just didn’t think it needed a response, it was a very odd message. I had no idea at the time it would affect my star seller. 🤦‍

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Battleaxe3D: Keep in mind that the Star Seller metric is that the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

We always consider these non transactional messages as an opportunity to try to convert the sender into a buyer.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If someone sends me a message and praises one of my items what should I do?

1).  Ignore it and not reply to the message (no matter how weird it is) and lose my SSB.

2). Say "thank you" and hope it turns into a sale OR mark it as spam and keep my SSB.

No brainer.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.