AMMceramicsDeco
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller sanction for spam

Jump to solution

I am receiving messages from scammers who ask me for my email, in the mobile app there is no option to mark spam, I have sent these messages directly to the trash.
Well, it turns out that you star seller are penalizing me for not answering in 24 hours, when I have always answered customer messages in less than 24 hours, whether on holidays or weekends. It doesn't seem fair to me and I would like you to give me a solution.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller sanction for spam

Jump to solution

@AMMceramicsDeco: Unfortunately the app has some issues, and as @CraftyCornishMaids mentioned the consensus is that sellers need to check their orders and messages via a browser (even your mobile browser) at least daily until the issues are resolved.

If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period (but not retroactively). Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

We are only other sellers here, we are not etsy

You have to reply to all message threads in 24 hours, or mark them as spam.

That's it.

Log in with a browser, and mark them as spam, they will fall out of your stats in a few days, and in future, log into your account with a browser, daily, it is not sensible to reply on the app, it has very limited functionality.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AMMceramicsDeco: Unfortunately the app has some issues, and as @CraftyCornishMaids mentioned the consensus is that sellers need to check their orders and messages via a browser (even your mobile browser) at least daily until the issues are resolved.

If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period (but not retroactively). Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Dear Etsy - While you are working on a fix to messages in the App, maybe consider adding a "report as a scam" option too?

8 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.