Star Seller

Jump to solution

I am frustrated beyond words with ETSY's collecting data for Star Seller Status.  After working hard all month to make sure my messaging, shipping, and customer service was exceptional, I now see I went from a perfect score on messaging to 67%!!  That in spite of one customer who made two purchases, one she did not mean to buy.  I had to refund her, no problem.  She was a friend and I answered her messages on ETSY and also contacted her personally.  But somehow, in her frustration, she tried to fix her mistake only to create yet another contact with messaging involved.  Now ETSY is telling me I never returned her messages.  WE ARE DEALING WITH COMPUTERS HERE!  I messaged my customer several times.  I am sick and tired of trying so hard only to be knocked down by computer programs!!  Check, you will see I perfectly messaged my buyer...several times!  PLEASE FIX MY STATUS!!

Susan

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

Re: Star Seller

Jump to solution

mark the unanswered as spam.  not hard work at all.

View solution in original post

6 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SusanBujnoDesigns  Quickly mark the unanswered messages as spam and you might be able to still get your star status.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @OhMySoulCreationsCo,

Please know that the Message response rate counts initial messages from all Etsy members, both buyers, and other sellers. This is because fellow sellers could be potential buyers for your shop. If it's not a spam message it requires a response within 24 hours. If it is a spam message you can mark it as such and it won't count towards your score. If you need further assistance, you can use this link to open a ticket and contact Etsy.

Also, kindly avoid bumping into an old thread that hasn't seen any activity in the last months/years, as questions regarding the Star Seller Program have been extensively covered by our fellow members since its launch, as well as our official Star Seller Guide. Our Guide contains in-depth answers to some of the more common questions regarding Message Response Rate, Shipping, Local Pick-Up, Digital Orders, and other topics. You can check it out here:etsy.com/starseller.

Having said that, and since this thread does not pertain to a technical issue, it will be closed to prevent it from going off-topic.

Thank you!

0 Likes
20 Replies
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

mark the unanswered as spam.  not hard work at all.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SusanBujnoDesigns  Quickly mark the unanswered messages as spam and you might be able to still get your star status.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Likes
HallelujahTree
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Buyers obviously don't know the inconvenience duplicate threads cause the seller but I just respond to the duplicate with a 'I'll answer in our existing message thread'.

Meant to ask @anythinggoeshere what's the consequence of marking as spam (asked OP by mistake).  Does it block future messages from your buyer or just get rid of the unanswered message?  Not sure how it works

edited to add that I check my inbox daily on a desktop just to ensure I've responded to any message with the little number 1 next to it

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

They will never fix your status.  It looks like Etsy is now bundling all messages from one seller into one thread to avoid this in the future.  I made star seller for 6 months and because of 1 message which was a reply to a question I had about an item I purchased and the seller responded in a new thread I did not make star seller for July.  They have corrected this and I have made it for August but they refuse to adjust my July star status.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me.  There is a glitch in their system, which they have not fixed.  If you reply through the app on your phone, it does not show it on the computer, even though the message is there.  I even sent screen shots of the messages on my phone, proving that they were answered within 2 hours, but they still did not fix my status.  I think before Etsy came out with this, they should have made sure their program was working.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

How do we message ETSY for them to correct it?? I was looking everywhere for an email address. Are we just supposed to expect them to read it here and respond?

0 Likes
MyLifePlanners
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I lost my star seller because someone I purchased something from for my company.  I had left a positive review and the seller messaged me with a thank you for the positive feedback.  I didn't realize I needed to respond to that message.  It really screwed up my stats because I didn't think to respond to a seller with a you welcome.  It's not something I go around doing with my buyers in sending messages thanking them for the review.

6 Likes
FruteJuce
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That is interesting, I hadn't thought about that at all. If I get a thank you for feedback I will make sure I reply to it! 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Something my Momma taught me when I was a wee one - if someone says "Thank you" - common courtesy means you say "You are welcome."

I really don't understand why common courtesy has almost disappeared from our lives.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

This just happened to me!!! Did ETSY fix it for you? Are we able to have that issue fixed and show them it was a seller that messaged us? Or if we mark it as spam will it resolve that issue?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @OhMySoulCreationsCo,

Please know that the Message response rate counts initial messages from all Etsy members, both buyers, and other sellers. This is because fellow sellers could be potential buyers for your shop. If it's not a spam message it requires a response within 24 hours. If it is a spam message you can mark it as such and it won't count towards your score. If you need further assistance, you can use this link to open a ticket and contact Etsy.

Also, kindly avoid bumping into an old thread that hasn't seen any activity in the last months/years, as questions regarding the Star Seller Program have been extensively covered by our fellow members since its launch, as well as our official Star Seller Guide. Our Guide contains in-depth answers to some of the more common questions regarding Message Response Rate, Shipping, Local Pick-Up, Digital Orders, and other topics. You can check it out here:etsy.com/starseller.

Having said that, and since this thread does not pertain to a technical issue, it will be closed to prevent it from going off-topic.

Thank you!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same things here 

2 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

For the star seller program it counts reviews over a three month period.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here.  100% on time shipping perfect 5.0 on reviews.  96% ontime responses.....No cases, no complaints.....I exceed all of the criteria 2 months now.  Etsy will NOT resolve this.  

4 Likes

Jump to solution

These concerns are not about actually replying or marking as spam.  Our concerns are from the star seller algorithm update that happened the week of June 30th 2022.  Etsy is not calculating data correctly.  The month of July, my stats only included May & June.  None of April.  This month I have 96% replies, 5.0 reviews & 100% on time shipping.  I have never had a complaint or case against my shop but the star seller badge is locked. 

We are doing everything correctly, Etsy has an unresolved glitch.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

true

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.