Star Seller - messages

Jump to solution

I responded to a help request on an order through an existing thread on that order within one hour of request. Customer had notified me in other thread she had found solution herself and I responded to that immediately. The request and reply all happened within an hour or so on two different message threads and caused me to unfairly lose the Star Seller Badge.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller - messages

Jump to solution

@MontgomeryGraphix  :  It may not be right but it is not unfair.  Etsy has been very clear and consistent about messages / convos from the very beginning. Just to clarify so people don't think they have to respond to every message and it will be a never ending loop: the FIRST message of a NEW thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Those have always been the rules. Help Requests always start a new thread. By the way, if you are creating a custom listing based on a new thread, you still need to reply to the message. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory on those messages they consider to be a "new message".

At least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period. But be aware that doing so may cause you to miss other messages from that account.

If you have not yet done so, you might want to read https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello!

I would like to remind everyone to please be careful and not share any sort of personal/sensitive information (yours or other people's - this includes, and is not limited to: Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, Tracking Numbers, Private Messages, etc.).

Please be mindful that this is a safety measure for you and everyone else potentially involved in the matter, which is why this is such an important aspect of our Community Policies

For that reason, your OP has been edited.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
10 Replies

Jump to solution

@MontgomeryGraphix  :  It may not be right but it is not unfair.  Etsy has been very clear and consistent about messages / convos from the very beginning. Just to clarify so people don't think they have to respond to every message and it will be a never ending loop: the FIRST message of a NEW thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Those have always been the rules. Help Requests always start a new thread. By the way, if you are creating a custom listing based on a new thread, you still need to reply to the message. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory on those messages they consider to be a "new message".

At least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period. But be aware that doing so may cause you to miss other messages from that account.

If you have not yet done so, you might want to read https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just letting Etsy know. You might want to tweak the way you calculate message replies. I'm quite quick to reply to my customers. Etsy has never said that mass advertising messages need to be replied to.

Just for grins and giggles I downloaded my message response time and this is the message you said I did not reply to.

[REMOVED].

0 Likes
catfluff
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

actually Etsy has said you need to reply to ALL new messages, the only way to bypass that is to mark as spam, that is what you should have done in that case.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello!

I would like to remind everyone to please be careful and not share any sort of personal/sensitive information (yours or other people's - this includes, and is not limited to: Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, Tracking Numbers, Private Messages, etc.).

Please be mindful that this is a safety measure for you and everyone else potentially involved in the matter, which is why this is such an important aspect of our Community Policies

For that reason, your OP has been edited.

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@jlyndesigns  Mark as spam and sending those to past buyers is against Etsy rules.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@jlyndesigns  :  Etsy has been very clear and consistent about messages / convos from the very beginning. Just to clarify so people don't think they have to respond to every message and it will be a never ending loop: the FIRST message of a NEW thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Those have always been the rules. Help Requests always start a new thread. By the way, if you are creating a custom listing based on a new thread, you still need to reply to the message. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory on those messages they consider to be a "new message".

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry but I'm an old timer (2006) who left for a while and then came back about a year ago. Things have changed and I'm still finding out what the changes are. As far as they have ALWAYS been the rules, there weren't a lot of rules about messages in the newly hatched ETSY.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@jlyndesigns  :  Point taken. Should have said  "...from the very beginning of the Star Seller program."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Not a problem.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.