Star Seller Tracking info

Jump to solution

Hello,
Im brand new to Etsy and have sold 2 orders that were local pickup instead of shipping. I selected no need for tracking because of local pickup but it brought down my star seller rating anyways. Is there a way to fix this? 

thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Star Seller Tracking info

Jump to solution

No, you must use tracking and mail the purchases. Star Seller does not recognize pickup or delivery.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

No, you must use tracking and mail the purchases. Star Seller does not recognize pickup or delivery.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

No there is not. Personally, I do not every do local pickups. When folks who live locally order from me on Etsy, they know it will be shipped. That chain is proof of delivery if there is a problem. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SurferGirlSlimeShop: "Is there a way to fix this?" Unfortunately there is nothing to fix. If you have not yet done so, you might want to read https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000338067-How-to-Offer-Local-Pickup-or-Delivery?segment=s...

Will local pickup orders be part of my evaluation for a Star Seller badge?

All physical listing orders must include a valid tracking number or a shipping label purchased on Etsy to be considered for a Star Seller badge. At this time, we’re unable to make exceptions for local pickup orders.

This also applies to delivery orders.

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@GroundZeroCreations  I don't do pickups or delivery either. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

No way to fix.  The guidelines are clear on star seller.  It's a good time to get familiar with what is required.

(Just to add, finish your shop.  About page and shop policies are need along with shipping cost) 

0 Likes
MimisBookArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Personally, I don’t this policy is fair. When I have a chance to make a local, in-person delivery, I choose to do so. I’ve had a shipped item get damaged in the mail in the past, and another item got “lost” in the mail. Even with the tracking number, no one could tell me where the item was located. I had insurance on both items, but I still had to re-make them. I wish the tracking wasn’t a stipulation to be a star seller. I get booted from the star seller rating each time I meet someone locally. But I’d rather not risk shipping an item in town if I don’t have to.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MimisBookArt I ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx and rarely have issues. However, I agree with you that we should have in person pickup (or even in person delivery) as an option. Local Pickup is something that eBay offers and they send the buyer a QR code and a 6-digit tracking number that the seller scans when the pickup happens. So even though there is no tracking number, there's confirmation for everyone - buyer, seller, eBay - that the purchased item is in the right hands. I'm sure there are lots of other options that Etsy has to do the same thing. 

I really hope one of these days I get an email and/or log into the Forum to see that Etsy is implementing a way to do this. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

We had a discussion here and we do agree with Etsy that pickup could be used against the seller. For years, it was OK to pick up as part of customer service, afterall a customer/client lived nearby. Like really just down the road. Most times it works out OK.

Past few years, Etsy is using fees to make up earnings, and selling to a bigger, more anonymous audience, pick ups could be seen as a form of "fee avoidance" in this new way of doing biz. As well to be really honest, there have been a few buyers who didn't care that our mail center staff had working hours and would try to ask us and them to hold beyond 5pm. One of them was incredibly rude. Not cool.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.