Star Seller Streamlining Messages Not Working

Per the announcement on 5/31 In June, "we’ll introduce a new-and-improved Messages experience that will start to combine messages from the same buyer. To earn your Star Seller badge you’ll need to respond to initial messages from buyers within 24 hours on fewer threads, making it easier to stay on top of your messages. "

This is not working. I have over 10 messages from buyers who sent separate messages, one after the other. I responded to the original messages, but I was still marked as late on the second or third message?

Whats going on with this update?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Star Seller Streamlining Messages Not Working

It just took effect today, July 1, not the day it was announced. Read the announcement closely.

1 Like

Hmm, I see June for the "streamlining messages" Below is the exacted copied text from the announcement

"In June, we’ll introduce a new-and-improved Messages experience that will start to combine messages from the same buyer into a single thread. To earn your Star Seller badge you’ll need to respond to initial messages from buyers within 24 hours in fewer threads than before, since you told us it was difficult to stay on top of your messages. Not only will this change make it easier to qualify for Star Seller, it will also make managing all your messages much more streamlined." 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I don't know if this is applicable to your situation, but read the comments within this Thread, beyond the OPs.  Yes, Etsy was/is going to make "improvement by bundling Messages".  Here is the Thread (in Technical Issues).

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-send-thank-you-acknowledgement-when-order-r...

There have also been a lot of glitches. And with new roll outs/testing/tinkering, etc.; unfortunately it can "break" other things.

Hope this helps in some way.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.