Star Seller Status Calculated Incorrectly for Next Month—Please Help!!!

So I received a message on the 12th that I put in my spam folder. I checked, and everything was fine, it went to spam. Everything was normal yesterday. I checked this morning, and now it shows my message response rate is down! I looked at the the message breakdown on the star seller link and it showed that very message I marked as “spam” as an unread message, negatively affecting me! Spam messages aren’t supposed to count towards my message response rate, so this is a technical error on Etsy’s end. I even placed a phone call with Etsy and the support person directed for me to post my problem here! Etsy administration, please help!!!!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Star Seller Status Calculated Incorrectly for Next Month—Please Help!!!

"I even placed a phone call with Etsy and the support person directed for me to post my problem here! Etsy administration, please help!!!!"

Etsy Admins are rarely in the Forum. 

We are only other sellers and can't adjust your Star Seller metrics. 

Etsy has directly said they will not adjust the numbers, as they are automatically calculated.

Etsy Help sent you here so we could explain this to you, and they won't have to answer your questions over and over again. Then WE are the bad guys.

Sorry this happened - good luck in the future.

7 Likes
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

Unfortunately that would be something only etsy support could help you with.  I'm not sure why they keep directing people to the forums for these types of issues.  The forums are pretty much sellers that could possibly give you advice about certain things but not actually fix technical issues or bugs.

I would say to contact etsy again and keep talking to someone until you get a person that can help you LOL.  If it's actually a bug or glitch then etsy should be able to look into it.

0 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

Mark those messages as spam again.

2 Likes
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

@UppNorthEh 

yeah maybe that would work.

Not sure if the message was marked as spam and not read at all so it just looked like a new unread message maybe.

Maybe opening the message and making sure it is in the spam folder will do the trick.

Since the message is in the current review period I'm thinking that this could fixed before it counts against the star for real.

2 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

it's worth a try.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Can you go in and mark it as spam again.  If so, that might fix your numbers again in a couple of days.

0 Likes

and it showed that very message I marked as “spam” as an unread message

Were they actually spam messages?

maybe, if you mark a lot as spam, it triggers a person to look at them, and they find they are not actually spam.

0 Likes

Thank you all for the advice! When I can get on my computer again, I will remark it as spam to see if that will help. Then if not I guess I will have to contact support again…sigh. Crossing my fingers remarking it as spam will help.

0 Likes

@JewelryDesignsbyHC 

I know that the phone support and live chat support folks tell you to post here for help but it's just us sellers here. The live chat and phone call back support people are just a call center folks. They are very very limited in the issues they can help with and pretty much just repeat what's in the help center articles. Unfortunately the Help Center article says the same incorrect thing- to post here.

Here is the link https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

it says "Etsy Support can’t make changes to your Star Seller data or manually award Star Seller badges. If you think your Star Seller score was calculated incorrectly, you can let us know in the Technical Issues forum."

But they changed this to a peer to peer support forum a few years ago so it's just us sellers here sadly. Occasionally an admin will pop in if there is a major issue going on but generally it's just us sellers.

If you need more help from etsy support you will need to contact them again but this time use the email option. That is the only one that will get you to an actual etsy employee vs the call center folks.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your information! Especially about the email part.

1 Like

"Etsy Support can’t make changes to your Star Seller data or manually award Star Seller badges. If you think your Star Seller score was calculated incorrectly, you can let us know in the Technical Issues forum."

This means they won't change it even if an error on their part. The post in the technical forum is 'scraping you off their shoe" unless maybe thousands of sellers started having the same issue at the same time. They might look into that. I had one that got dinged for "no tracking" when it was attached right to the order and you could follow it from drop off (on time) to delivery (on time) . No help. It took 3 months to drop off.

1 Like

Lots of shop owners coming here panicking over star seller status.  There are glitches, it's far from perfect, and Etsy needs to do away with it.  I, too, have been affected due to faulty shipping/tracking calculations - I'm always 100% on this.  I'm not worrying about star seller - customers don't look at it; they look at feedback/reviews.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.