Star Seller Stats for Replies

You are marking me off for me not replying to messages from people I am buying from, NOT selling to.  This is happening every month.  I reply right away to my customers, but not necessarily to someone I am buying something from.  This should not negatively affect my Shop stats and you keep doing it.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Re: Star Seller Stats for Replies

The rules for STAR Seller.. say you need to REPLY to all messages/the first one in the thread.. no matter who they are from. OR you can report them as SPAM.. Your choice. If you want Star seller- you need to follow the rules. Check your Star seller info on your dashboard-- it is written out there in plain wording.

0 Likes

You aren't talking to Etsy here... only other sellers.

If the Star is so important to you, learn the rules:

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/me/star-seller?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

"Your message response rate is based on just the first message in a conversation, not ongoing conversations. This means you just need to respond to the first message within 24 hours. This applies to messages both from buyer and seller accounts. Messages from Etsy staff do not count toward your response rate, and neither do messages that you mark as spam. You can also now find a breakdown of your message response rate score by downloading a CSV."

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

@DyesOfTheWorldShoppe If you had read the rules on your star seller dashboard sometime during the last 2 or 3 years you would have known you have to reply to all first messages.

1 Like

And they're going to keep doing it. If you really don't want to have to respond to shops that you are buying from, then you need to create a second account with a different email that is for all your purchases only. As long as you are using the same account to both buy and sell from, then all messages count. 

1 Like

You received messages that you chose not to reply to so you got dinged for them. You can’t pick and choose who to reply to if you want the Star Seller, it doesn’t work that way. 

0 Likes
FeltOnTheFly
Conversation Maker

No, actually, YOU keep doing it (or rather, NOT doing it).

Reply or hit the spam button.  There's no other choice if you're interested in ever getting Star Seller status... 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.