Star Seller Shipping

Dear Etsy,  I am wondering if something can be changed on the Star Seller program. In the last 3 months or so, I have had 3 orders where I needed additional details from the client. I sent many, many, messages asking for the details and never did receive the info I needed. So when it came to the shipping deadline after I updated the shipping date, my only option was to set the order complete and hope they at some point contact me. Anyway when this happens I do not have a tracking number for the order. I will usually pick no tracking number and mark it local pick up and it seems that when you mark it as local pick up I am still being penalized for no tracking number. Which lowers my % for on time shipping. Can something be changed on this part of the Star seller program? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Star Seller Shipping

I would never mark an order complete when it  hasn't been shipped yet. I would give the buyer a firm deadline to respond before you cancel the order. 

4 Likes

Etsy has made it plain that they will not make changes to the SSB program.

If you had tried both Etsy messaging and emailing the customers with no results, it sounds like you should have cancelled the orders instead of marking them complete.

2 Likes

"my only option was to set the order complete and hope they at some point contact me."

No, that is not your only option.

You should cancel the order. 

I understand you make custom products. My suggestion would be to check all addresses (or whatever information it is that you need) before you start production. That way you know if you'll need information before you have created the item, and aren't as hesitant to cancel if you don't have the necessary information, because it will be before you have created custom products that can't be resold to someone else. 

2 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

I see that you are currently a Star Seller, so you're doing something right!!!  Maybe add something to your Announcement to signal that you need to and are willing to discuss personalization ASAP? You could indicate there, and in your shop policies, that not receiving the necessary details could result in cancelling their order (which you really, really don't want to *have to* do). Obviously not the way I said it, but you could come up with something firm but gentle?

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

You can find their email address on the order page, to the right of their name, click on the little arrow. 

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Steps should be:

1. message buyer
  2. email buyer
  3. extend ship-by date
  4. cancel and refund

It is not fair to you or the buyer to drag things out.  If they can't be reached, why are you keeping their money?  If they can't be bothered to respond in a timely manner, you don't owe them the time and stress of being dinged by Etsy.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.