LisbethCortArt
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller Score calculated incorrectly

Jump to solution

This month I went down in my Star Seller category of shipping.  I downloaded my record and on 6/5 I DID include tracking but your records say I did not.  PLEASE CORRECT ETSY.

Also, the second time you show that I did not include tracking, it was for a $3.00 sticker which could easily be sent First Class stamp instead of spending $5.00 to send with tracking.  Come on ETSY, I should not be penalized for sending a $3.00 flat item without tracking when tracking would have cost almost TWICE as much as the item itself!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller Score calculated incorrectly

Jump to solution

@LisbethCortArt: "... on 6/5 I DID include tracking but your records say I did not ..." If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Has the package ever been scanned? What does the actual order show as shipment status, (i.e "Pre Transit", etc.).

And just to make sure that you are aware of this, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

No star seller without tracking. That’s the rule.

1 Like

Jump to solution

when tracking would have cost almost TWICE as much as the item itself!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, you can buy a stamp label on Etsy that costs less than a stamp. And it counts towards star seller.

0 Likes
LisbethCortArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Honestly, I do not want to buy a stamp from Etsy!  They already get enough fees from me.

If I get penalized by Etsy for not buying a stamp from them, then so be it.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Well, it seemed like star seller was really important to you from your post. Just trying to tell you how to get it and save money at the same time.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@LisbethCortArt   It costs less to buy on Etsy.  That first class letter is less than what you pay at the PO.  It has 'delivery confirmation that works for star seller.

It is your choice but Etsy's rules are clear for the US.  No tracking no star seller for shipping.

It has been this way for two years.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

If you buy the stamp on Etsy it comes with tracking and it’s also tax deductible 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ande you are not talking to Etsy here.  They don't read every thread that comes across in the forums.  If you want to complain to them, send an email.

The rules are clear for US sellers.  All items have to have tracking.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@LisbethCortArt: "... on 6/5 I DID include tracking but your records say I did not ..." If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Has the package ever been scanned? What does the actual order show as shipment status, (i.e "Pre Transit", etc.).

And just to make sure that you are aware of this, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.