Star Seller Message Issue

I was just dinged for a message not responded to.  I have auto-reply on so I just had to see what was up with that.

As it turns out it was a thank you from another seller for a wonderful review I left.

So thank you for your thank you.  To the average person the rules are just crazy. And you want me to have time to fill 35 orders a day too

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Star Seller Message Issue

The rules are crazy, but sellers only make this mistake once. (Hopefully)
You're not alone -- there are several posts about this every day.

1 Like
TinaVuStudio
Conversation Maker

You have a nice shop with an impressive sales number. Why do you care about the silly little star? I had it one month and lost it the next only to have it back again after that. It doesn't make one tiny bit of difference in the sales I got.

1 Like

Yes, they're crazy! I set up auto-reply last month, checked it the next day too to make sure I didn't mess up ( I have been known to do that So today I had another unanswered ding, and see that my auto-reply is gone! Grrrrrr. 

0 Likes

@cutterstone  , It only last for 5 days max and then has to be reset. The drop down menu is for how long it stays on, not how long it takes you to reply to a message.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@cutterstone  The max you can set it for is 5 days

1 Like

Thank you for that. Kinda makes it useless for me though.

0 Likes
TheCozyHoneycomb
Conversation Maker

I'm currently being dinged for not replying to a thank you from a seller that was sent before I opened my shop. As a seller now, I find I do desire the star seller badge for no truly logical reason other than being human I guess! lol  As a buyer, I don't even notice when someone doesn't have it.

3 Likes
SGCCrystals
Inspiration Seeker

I am being dinged for a customer to sent a message on 4 different listings, because I only responded to one message to address her question, oh and one message was literally "I Like this too", I am being dinged for 3 messages! I responded to the customer in less than 10 minutes..but because she sent 3 other remarks on 3 other listings I am now not going to be a Star Seller. This whole thing is a little too much. From what I read if there are any calculation issues no one can manually fix them, so oh well for us that work hard to meet all of the requirements while extending excellent customer service and making Etsy more money.

0 Likes

Mark the 3 others as spam -- that's how you fix it at this point.

Etsy doesn't get spam reports through the "spam" button, strangely. Basically it's the same as a "no reply needed" button.

3 Likes

If you want the star seller badge you have to respond to everything and make sure you get the last word in. I've lost points for not responding to a thank you for a message that I initiated... yes I lost points for not responding to the 2nd part of the convo. Ignore that thing that says it only counts for the first response, that is incorrect. I found that out myself earlier this month when I lost 4 points even tho I had indeed responded to everything 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.