Spam message hurting my Star Seller

A message went to Spam and is now hurting my response time for Star Seller. Anyone know how to report this and get it corrected? I chatted with Etsy support and they sent me to this forum.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Spam message hurting my Star Seller

I know that the phone support and live chat support folks tell you to post here for help but it's just us sellers here. The live chat and phone call back support people are just a call center. They are very very limited in the issues they can help with and pretty much just repeat what's in the help center articles. Unfortunately the Help Center article says the same incorrect thing...to post here.

Here is the link https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

it says "Etsy Support can’t make changes to your Star Seller data or manually award Star Seller badges. If you think your Star Seller score was calculated incorrectly, you can let us know in the Technical Issues forum."

But they changed this to a peer to peer support forum a number of years ago so it's just us sellers here sadly. Occasionally an admin will pop in if there is a major issue going on but generally it's just us sellers. If you need more help from etsy support you will need to contact them again but this time use the email option. That is the only one that will get you to an actual etsy employee vs the call center folks.

2 Likes

Yeah I can't believe they send us here for this, outsourcing technical issues to other makers. BS. Thank you for explaining the email option as the best option. I appreciate it.

1 Like

@CottonseedMktplace: According to posts on other threads in this forum, Etsy is 'fixing' the underlying data for some shops who had the same issue as you and their stats are auto updating.

1 Like

Supposedly Etsy if fixing this issue and those affected will have their SS restored.

What I do know is check the spam number.  If it changes then I will immediately go in and take care of that message so it will get a timely reply..    

1 Like

Betreff: Spam message hurting my Star Seller

@CottonseedMktplace :

A message went to Spam and is now hurting my response time for Star Seller.

It's the "moving it out of spam" part and replying after the 24-hour window has passed that has a negative impact on Star Seller metrics. If this applies to one of your messages, don't move it out of spam. You can still reply from the spam folder.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.