Sold out items renewed to sell again? Issues in the last few days?

Anyone ever have Etsy renew items that have sold out only to have them sell again?  I have a large inventory and am certainly not perfect, however, not that long ago I did an inventory count and corrected all inventory because I am downsizing my business and no longer plan to sell some of my items.  This week 4 items have sold out, I saw the sold out banner on them and then somehow they relist to sell again? I did not do this. Seems to have started the day all of the integrations glitched?  I used to have my shop linked to Indiemade and a couple of other services but these items are not sold there.  I don't think anything external should have auto changed my inventory.

Come across one and maybe my error but I've had this happen now 4 times in the last three days.  This is frustrating and having to count all my inventory again is NOT fun.  

Ever seen this issue before? I do have Pinterest, eRank, Vela and Pirate Ship still integrated.  I broke the integration with Indiemade but I had already deleted all my linked items from there about 6 months ago.

Thanks for your input. I am puzzled! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
5 Replies
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Re: Sold out items renewed to sell again? Issues in the last few days?

I have not had sold out relist and sell, but I have had old pictures that I deleted show back up in listings. I have had pictures duplicate in listings (4 of the same picture). I have been suspicious Etsy pulled data from a backup because of the issues they were having. Or they have corrupt data, or whatever. 

2 Likes

It has been happening lately to our shop too!

Although we have all our listing to "manual" renewal and we go and set everything to manual renewal very regularly, it has happened to us too! I had to cancel orders that came in from items that were renewed automatically, some of them very old sold out listings! Customers weren't happy about it!

1 Like

I just started checking my inventory and a large number of items renewed from sold 8/21 - expire now on 12/21.  Lots of them are out of stock and I do the same with resetting the whole shop to manually renew just to make sure I catch everything.   

This is a bit of a mess!!

1 Like

Yes! It's been happening to me too over the last few weeks - this morning also ... the item is clearly listed as out of stock and yet an order has gone through and I have had to cancel and refund it.  Also before it was out of stock the inventory was not updating the amount properly so it had gone out of stock sooner than the inventory manager had logged it. 

0 Likes
blzopbhi
Community Curator

This is my fourth shop, and Etsy has changed listings from manual to auto renew in each shop. Never received a response when I complained about it, so stopped complaining. Also got tired of constantly checking and changing when Etsy did it.

Regretfully, it is one of those things sellers must live with.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.