GoodNiteGracie
Conversation Maker

Sold Out Listing ReNewed * * * AGAIN!

I've seen other people post this same issue recently:  I sold and shipped a pair of earrings today. On my "Orders" page it showed "SOLD OUT" and in "Completed Orders" it shows "SOLD OUT", but as I was reviewing my shop listings just now, the same listing is showing as Active with a new expiration date. The first 2 times this happened to me (several months ago), I reported it to Etsy and they said it was my mistake, that I had listed the quantity as 2. I was pretty sure then and POSITIVE now that I only listed a quantity of 1, because I make everything by hand and usually only 1 of each item.  I hate to think we have to double check all of our listings to be sure they have not been renewed in error, but I would also hate to sell something again that has already been sold and is not available! Just a heads up to other sellers.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Sold Out Listing ReNewed * * * AGAIN!

If you are not planning to remake this item ever again then I would simply delete it. Then it is gone. If you do plan to remake it then I really do not know what to advise.

1 Like
ZenCatPottery
Conversation Maker

This is probably a glitch that Etsy will fix at some point.  How long that takes is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

Nobody's going to fix it in our lifetimes! Keep an eye on all of your listings, I check every day, 400+ listing for quantity and also keep an eye out for Automatic Renew or Manual Renew. I don't carry more than 1 item in each listing except for my embroidery pattern line, so it's pretty easy to check the quantity in listings. I keep an eye because I have been burned several times.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.