ArayeStore
Inspiration Seeker

Should I cancel the order?

I recently had a customer place an order in my shop on April 25th, and I messaged them right away to ask about their color/style preference for the item. However, I haven't received a response from them yet. The due date for sending the item is tomorrow, and I'm unsure what to do next. Should I cancel the order, or is there a recommended course of action in such situations?

https://arayestore.etsy.com/listing/1706727655

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Should I cancel the order?

When something similar like this happens to me I write to them and state that if I do not hear from them by xx date that I will be forced to cancel their order. 

Then if I don't hear back, I cancel the order. 

1 Like

Send another message to their email address, this time with a cut off date as koolstuff2 advised.  You can then push out the ship by date to give the buyer a little more time to respond.   You can only extend the ship by date once and you'll need to do it before it's past the current date.  If they still don't respond, cancel.  Sometimes, cancelling an order seems to get their attention better than messaging.

3 Likes

Betreff: Should I cancel the order?

Ich würde an deiner Stelle den Artikel ohnehin überarbeiten. Statt nur dem Personalisierungs-Wunsch würde ich eine Liste mit den möglichen Zusammenstellungen der Farben und Fenster-Designs zum anklicken anhängen. Erst das Design, dann die Farbe oder als Mix. Dies macht dem Kunden die Möglichkeiten klar und er muss nicht zwangsläufig Kontakt zum  Verkäufer aufnehmen. Dieser Verkäufer hat keine besonderen Wünsche, ich denke er will nur was er auf den Bildern sieht: einen Mix.

Trotzdem würde ich wegen des Versanddrucks stornieren

3 Likes

you can e-mail them, and put the dispatch date out, up to 2 weeks, so they have time to come back to you (messages are sometimes blocked)

and put variations in your listings, so they can choose what they want, rather than having to actually write what they want

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.