Shop suspended and no clarity

Jump to solution

My shop was suspended because my ID could not be verified. I received an email telling me to reload valid ID. I loaded a clear image of my (up to date and not expired) Australian driver's licence. The banner at the top of my shop page indicates there is still an issue with some sort of auto verification. I submitted a ticket asking for help with no response. A couple of days later I submitted another. I received a response today to my second ticket..... But it's exactly the same email telling me to upload an ID. It feels like I'm stuck in a loop. No one is telling me what information is missing or wrong on my ID. It has my name, address, dob and all the driver related license codes. 

How to get a proper Etsy response!?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shop suspended and no clarity

Jump to solution

It's a bot that does the check, so is the name exact on your ID and bank account, 

so one can't be

J. Smith

and the other

Jane Smith

and  Ms or Miss or Ms

don't open another ticket, you reply to the first one, saying it still isn't fixed, and you still have a problem, keep 1 ticket going, it gets further each time you reply back, opening another one starts you at the beginning again.

View solution in original post

8 Likes
6 Replies

Jump to solution

It's a bot that does the check, so is the name exact on your ID and bank account, 

so one can't be

J. Smith

and the other

Jane Smith

and  Ms or Miss or Ms

don't open another ticket, you reply to the first one, saying it still isn't fixed, and you still have a problem, keep 1 ticket going, it gets further each time you reply back, opening another one starts you at the beginning again.

8 Likes

Jump to solution

If my shop was still selling I would have this problem. My driver’s license says Kathrine Freeman and my military id says Kit Freeman. I’ve gone by Kit for over 55 years so it can be a pain now. Before computers it wasn’t a problem. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice on the ticket.

The name issue sounds tedious for sure, but I believe they match. This is part of the problem; I'm not sure what the discrepancy is.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Another problem is when you get a job and they spell your first name wrong. Social Security has my first name as Kathrine, the correct spelling, and Katherine, the usual spelling. 
It didn’t use to matter so when the job spelled it wrong I never got it corrected, I figured it was close enough. Now close enough just doesn’t work. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes the name can trio things up for example i use my full proper name with middle initial 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MYLISTshops  Please do not spam the forums with links to your shop (it is against the terms of service - you did read them, correct) particularly since you didn't even bother to fill out your shop policies.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.