Shop forced into Vacation Mode!?!?!

We have been forced into Vacation Mode. I've found numerous threads with similar issues and know that I am not alone dealing with this issue.

We are a Star Seller Shop, with no billing issues, no shipping issue and no payment issues. With no prior email notification or messages to us in any way, our shop was places into "forced" vacation mode this afternoon! Our shop has now been shut down for 8-10 hours on a Friday evening, which is usually our biggest sales time of the week and still no idea when it will be open again??? 

Again, there are numerous threads on this issue, but Etsy has closed most responses, even some from earlier this week.  Our chat feature was cut off so we could only send an email help ticket to Etsy, which stated that we would hear something back in 1-2 days. In the mean time, we are completely shut down and cannot sell or list items in our shop.  This whole experience has been infuriating...

While still no response from Etsy through the email, I found this link on another thread to have them call me: Submit a request – Etsy Help.

They called within 2 minutes but the customer service rep had no information to provide and was basically just reading from a script. He acknowledged that my account was "under review" but couldn't tell me why and for how long and he also acknowledged that I didn't receive any prior warning about the freeze and said that it was because "this type of review usually doesn't take very long to complete"?!?! Seriously??? 

The worst part was, when I asked to escalate the issue to his supervisor, he put me on hold for a minute or two and then hung up on me!!! 

20 ,minutes later he sent an email saying sorry we got disconnected and asked if I had any additional questions, I responded with my concerns and still haven't heard anything else back. That was over 3 hours ago.

This is obviously a widespread internal Etsy issue and it's negatively impacting our businesses and livelihood. Etsy is not admitting the issue or doing anything to expedite correcting it either...   

In addition, I've read in the past that going into vacation mode significantly lowers your Etsy SEO placement level?!?! There have been many threads on this topic in the past.  Therefore, I've actually skipped real-life vacations in the past, so I could avoid this from happening to my shop and have never ever put our shop in vacation mode status for this very reason! Now Etsy has forced this upon us, for a mistake on their end... I hope this SEO thing isn't the case for my shop and all of those other loyal Etsy sellers that have been incorrectly placed on vacation mode restrictions as part of this fiasco. 

Fix this Etsy!!! Do better and make this right for your loyal sellers!!! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Shop forced into Vacation Mode!?!?!

Update: Our shop has been restored.  Still no word from Etsy as to what went wrong.  We're also still not sure how this fiasco is going to affect our SEO rankings.  Hopefully, Etsy got that straight for us too.  

We're glad to have our shop back open, but still hoping for more info from Etsy on what happened here... 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@MSGBLADES  Etsy will not likely tell you. When your shop is on vacation mode, all your listings fall out of search.

0 Likes

Yup, there is a noticeable difference with our SEO and zero response still from Etsy on what when wrong or how they'll make it right.

To add insult to injury, Etsy charged us today for our Etsy Ads during the shutdown period even though they stated that our Etsy Ads were turned off during that time... 

We've put our heart and souls into this business for the last 2 years to do everything we can to build our reputation and grow our business on this site. Now, in one day, Etsy has pulled us back to day one stats and still haven't acknowledge the issue or even responded to us. We've received emails today that you typically receive when you first start a new shop on Etsy... But have had zero communication from them about or acknowledging that they have truly hurt our business and our livelihood. 

This experience has been eye opening and we're seriously considering moving everything over to Shopify or some other similar competitor of Etsy....  

0 Likes

My shop in on vacation mode.. This is our 2nd time Last time it took 2 weeks to get the store back 

I have opened so many cases I didn't get any answers. from Etsy 

this time.... another vacation mode sighhhhh

0 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

Your shop appears open to me.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.