Shipping Score ?

Jump to solution

My Shop is SycamoreWoodStudio – I am currently running a sale in my shop for the month of July. If I look at my items in incognito mode using the Firefox web browser, or I view them in Micorsoft Edge where I don't log into etsy as a Seller I see the following information underneath the images in my listings

Item Quality 5.0

Shipping 3.0

Customer Service 5.0

I'm trying to understand how the Shipping 3.0 Rating was calculated and where it came from. I would be hesitant to purchase from a shop that seems to have issues with their shipping.  I always ship on time. I have never shipped an order late.

It doesn't appear to be related to my reviews although it appears to me like it's supposed to be? For the past few months I had the Star Seller rating. I lost it this month due to lack of Sales, but my dashboard tells me I have 100% response rate and 100% on-time shipping and tracking and an average rating of 5.0.  It was the same last month.

I have 139 total reviews

138 of them are 5 star

1 is a 4 star.

If I reference the text in the 4 star review she mentions “...My order arrived quickly, efficiently and artistically wrapped ...” which shouldn't impact shipping in a negative way I wouldn't think.

Next, I downloaded all my reviews from the site and took a look at the file – there doesn't seem to be any detail about breaking out categories within reviews that I could see.

The seller handbook tells me - Your score is an average of the star ratings you've received in the past 12 months. 

So then I looked at tracking for my items in the last 12 months.

So within the last 12 months I have 5 items I sent without tracking that were each given 5 star reviews.

I have four additional items that were sent without tracking – these were not reviewed at all. So nothing to bring the score down.

I have never received a complaint from a customer saying they didn't receive their order.

Please advise

THANK YOU

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: Shipping Score ?

Jump to solution

Etsy is an Amazon wannabe.  On Amazon you give your star review and then you give stars for 3 other categories.  So you can easily have a 5 star overall rating and something less on each of the other 3.  On Amazon the extra ratings are item specific.  The ones on Etsy don't seem to be.  They seem to be more generic and overall shop oriented.

View solution in original post

1 Like
7 Replies
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I don't see where etsy has explained how they calculate this new score and the only real data they have is the tracking info.  So my guess is your orders without tracking are being included in this score and bringing it down.  

Without the buyer selecting a score specifically for shipping it is a little misleading in my opinion to include this info.  Etsy should include a tooltip (the "more info" icon) to explain how the score is calculated.    

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The items without tracking are likely impacting the score.  

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy is an Amazon wannabe.  On Amazon you give your star review and then you give stars for 3 other categories.  So you can easily have a 5 star overall rating and something less on each of the other 3.  On Amazon the extra ratings are item specific.  The ones on Etsy don't seem to be.  They seem to be more generic and overall shop oriented.

1 Like
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I believe (at least some) users of the iOS version of the Etsy app get to rate you on three things, shipping, quality and customer service.

Quite why a seller gets rated on the performance of a third party is beyond me though.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

IMO that review feature shouldn't even be available to anyone unless it can be used from apple and android apps, and desktop.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Nothing to do with tracking.

It's completely reviews. And as above some devices ask buyers to rate individual categories with stars.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OK - Thank You Everyone

I appreciate your help

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.