Sent order with Tracking

Jump to solution

Good morning. My concern is with the "on time" shipping portion of the star seller arena. I sent an order out over the weekend, on the same day as it was placed. It does have tracking, however, today I see I'm being dinged for not providing tracking. Has anyone got any experience in correcting this?

Thanks!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sent order with Tracking

Jump to solution

Hey There,

The On-time shipping metric requires sellers to add valid tracking numbers on physical orders. If you add a tracking number but still ding for no tracking, please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. Make sure that the tracking information show tracking events on the carrier's website and our tracking partner Aftership.com/track.

You can try to track the order on our tracking partner if there is no information showing the tracking number or carrier is not supported. You can also check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @RochesterFudge,

Looking into your Star Seller dashboard, it looks like the orders that affected your shop was only marked as complete and there is no tracking number added. For the order to be counted positively towards your Star Seller, you'll need to add a valid tracking number. You can download a CSV file to have a breakdown of the orders that affected your Star Seller,  simply go to your Shop Manager dashboard > Star Seller dashboard page > selecting the On-time shipping & tracking tile > selecting the ‘Export’ link next to ‘Order breakdown’.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

1 Like
9 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Did you use an Etsy label?

0 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Did you perhaps use a flat mailer or first class envelope with "tracking" via Pitney Bowes?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Those count as tracked for star seller purposes. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That happened to me a couple of months ago.  I got dinged for not entering tracking when I clearly had.   Posted it here on this forum, but never got a response or a fix.  I just had to wait for that review period to pass.

0 Likes
TypesetStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

First class "flats" do not technically have tracking. However the labels purchased through Etsy/Pitney Bowes use the USPS informed delivery service to estimate tracking. The tracking is only visible through the etsy website and does not show up in USPS tracking. If you purchase first class flat shipping through any other provider, it will not let you enter a tracking number and it does not count as having tracking and you cannot be a star seller.

0 Likes
GreatHat
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I just got dinged for a order that was canceled. I can't provide tracking on a canceled order. Etsy fix your algorithm!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hey There,

The On-time shipping metric requires sellers to add valid tracking numbers on physical orders. If you add a tracking number but still ding for no tracking, please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. Make sure that the tracking information show tracking events on the carrier's website and our tracking partner Aftership.com/track.

You can try to track the order on our tracking partner if there is no information showing the tracking number or carrier is not supported. You can also check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thanks!

2 Likes
RochesterFudge
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I also just experienced this.  I reached out to etsy support.  They said after reviewing my account, they can see the order HAS tracking and WAS on-time.  This was their response: I’m taking a look at your order history and I see that the item was shipped on time and also marked as complete on time. Apologies for the inconvenience Etsy Support can’t make changes to your Star Seller data or manually award Star Seller badges. If you still think your Star Seller score was calculated incorrectly, I encourage you to let us know in the Technical Issues forum https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/bugs.  

This forum is for peer to peer support.  How could posting an issue they know about in this forum provide me a resolution?  They said they'd forward my issue to the next level of support, but overall the agents on Etsy - even for paying premium members like us - have no power to fix anything...just canned responses that further infuriate us over the issues with the core system.  As a software developer by trade, I know there are tools they can put in place to make this easier on agents, and more accurate for us!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello @RochesterFudge,

Looking into your Star Seller dashboard, it looks like the orders that affected your shop was only marked as complete and there is no tracking number added. For the order to be counted positively towards your Star Seller, you'll need to add a valid tracking number. You can download a CSV file to have a breakdown of the orders that affected your Star Seller,  simply go to your Shop Manager dashboard > Star Seller dashboard page > selecting the On-time shipping & tracking tile > selecting the ‘Export’ link next to ‘Order breakdown’.

Thank you very much!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.