ButterflyBugz
Inspiration Seeker

Seller Protection Program Issues

Jump to solution

Item dispatched from the UK mid December, Left overseas as per tracking on the 23rd December to Newzeland, 6th Jan customer raised a ticket and funds refunded...... how is this possible? The parcel is going halfway around the globe along with the postal stakes we had in December??? 

I got to keep my funds so that's not the issue, but when do you think the parcel is lost as Royal Mail is 25 days after the item was expected to be delivered so you must align to this or something otherwise customers are going to get allot of free stuff out of you!!!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller Protection Program Issues

Jump to solution

Etsy considers a post to be "lost" if a buyer opens a case and the earliest estimated delivery date has past. Delivery services always struggle to meet their deadlines over the Christmas period and the strikes have made the issue far worst especially with international deliveries. If you have been watching the forums of late, until very recently there were dozens of sellers complaining about the refunds that Etsy were seemingly automatically giving out for late deliveries. Many were charged to the seller rather than the SPP but again, seemingly, a lot of these appeared to be for goods that should not have been sold on Etsy or due to no or non compliant refund policies. Yes a lot of people will have had refunds and then the item arrives so they'll have got free stuff. Because Etsy has refunded it is now theirs rather than yours to give away and they do not want it back.

You are correct to think Royal Mail themselves state 25 days, (although I thought it was 21 days), but that is the time before you can make a claim against RM yourself. The work arounds are to either to extend your despatch time hence giving a later delivery date by RM or change the courier to other and set your own delivery date which can be up to 30 days. I choose the former but I think most opted for the later adaptation. It is quite probable that the "BOTS" are still giving out automatic refunds due to the high level of cases for late delivery although hopefully now that the Christmas rush is over and no further actions by RM planned, at least at present, that should ease soon 

View solution in original post

3 Likes
11 Replies

Jump to solution

I'm amazed you got a refund according to the UK posters if you're in the UK and your listings are breaking the law it voids etsy seller protection.... They must be telling us a story again..

0 Likes

Jump to solution

A couple of sellers keep repeating that and I think etsy do say to be covered by the Buyers/sellers protection you must comply with etsy rules but in reality throws cases are being closed in minutes after buyer opens them so despite what a few people keep repeating it's unlikely anyone is looking at sellers shop to see if it is following etsy rules what they are selling or anything else. They don't even seem to be checking tracking. I have seen cases closed in buyers favor when tracking shows delivered and it was signed for.  

2 Likes
ButterflyBugz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

?? 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Did you extend your delivery dates to allow for delays due to the RM strikes? If not and the order was not received within the projected delivery timeframe then the customer can ask for a refund. You are lucky that Etsy did not take the funds from your payment account as this has been happening a lot.

0 Likes
ButterflyBugz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

No as Etsy sent a msg saying they are sending expected dates to customers for delivery due to strikes etc

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy considers a post to be "lost" if a buyer opens a case and the earliest estimated delivery date has past. Delivery services always struggle to meet their deadlines over the Christmas period and the strikes have made the issue far worst especially with international deliveries. If you have been watching the forums of late, until very recently there were dozens of sellers complaining about the refunds that Etsy were seemingly automatically giving out for late deliveries. Many were charged to the seller rather than the SPP but again, seemingly, a lot of these appeared to be for goods that should not have been sold on Etsy or due to no or non compliant refund policies. Yes a lot of people will have had refunds and then the item arrives so they'll have got free stuff. Because Etsy has refunded it is now theirs rather than yours to give away and they do not want it back.

You are correct to think Royal Mail themselves state 25 days, (although I thought it was 21 days), but that is the time before you can make a claim against RM yourself. The work arounds are to either to extend your despatch time hence giving a later delivery date by RM or change the courier to other and set your own delivery date which can be up to 30 days. I choose the former but I think most opted for the later adaptation. It is quite probable that the "BOTS" are still giving out automatic refunds due to the high level of cases for late delivery although hopefully now that the Christmas rush is over and no further actions by RM planned, at least at present, that should ease soon 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

"Loss claims should not be submitted until after 20 working days after the due delivery date for items going to Europe and after 25 working days for Rest of the World."

working days, so M-F.

1 Like
ButterflyBugz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

That did not happen on this occasion and tracking clearly shows in transit.... some bugs in their systems they need to work on

0 Likes

Jump to solution

self-deleted

1 Like

Jump to solution

There are a number of reasons why Etsy could have done this in your case. Eg. your items are infringing on others’ IP, you don’t have UK legal policies in place, you admit you didn’t enter the tracking number…. So a refund was always going to be the outcome. 

0 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BellBookAndScandal  you also have no policies set up in your shop which is a legal requirement and I believe you have infringing items in your shop.

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/selling-to-eu-and-uk-buyers/239965962014

You need to add 30 day returns

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/intellectual-property-infringement/22398703823

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.