Former_Member

even when the seller does not have the badge.

I was looking at a new shop with no sales and therefore none of the Star Seller badges, but when I click on their listings and scroll down to Meet your seller, they have the purple star.

Again, I'm seeing it on all listings, including those from sellers who don't have any of the badges.

Some are seeing what I'm seeing and others are not.  Maybe I'm in a test?

With her permission, I took screenshots of  @leinweberstudio shop to show what I'm seeing.

No star this month...

https://i.etsystatic.com/5781050/r/il/c473eb/4114715080/il_1140xN.4114715080_6fym.jpg

but when you click on her listings and scroll down to Meet you seller she has the SSB.

https://i.etsystatic.com/5781050/r/il/ed7648/4114715084/il_1140xN.4114715084_qvhd.jpg

Re: Seeing Stars...

Yes, I saw it late last night when responding on the OP that ZinniaCottage linked.  

I can see Star Seller on everybody's listing while logged into this account, but not while logged into my other account.  Could be because of different browsers.

Imagine my surprise when checking out different listings, non-SS shops, new shops with no sales, resellers, infringers......

Everybody gets a cookie!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

I know I am "late to the party", (a girl's gotta get some sleep!!)  but just to report that "Sylvia" is showing as a "Star Seller" for me on every Listing Page!  

But then I looked at one of my other Shops which DOES have the Star Seller Badge this Month and I am not a "Star Seller" under "Meet Your Sellers"!!!

Could be Browser related? Chrome showed it for Sylvia but Edge did not show it for me.

2 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

@CarpetCollectionAU 

Could be Browser related? 

I do believe it is a test, as those who see it also are seeing the listings w/o any description showing at all. A link has to be clicked on to show part of it, and then another click to show the rest of it. Insanity.

1 Like

@leinweberstudio Fo me (using this Shop / PC / Chrome / Windows 11) Your Shop has the "dreaded dropdown" arrow for both "Description" and Shipping and Return Policies", but "Meet your Seller" shows regardless of whether the "Description" and "Shipping" are expanded or contracted.

AH HA! It is Browser related because I checked my other Shop using Chrome this time and my "Descriptions" and "Shipping" have the "Drop Down" obscurity and I am a Star Seller under "Meet your Seller". This particular Shop presented completely differently in Chrome than it did in Edge.

0 Likes

@CarpetCollectionAU 

''Could be Browser related? Chrome showed it for Sylvia but Edge did not show it for me.''

Mine is just the opposite.  Edge shows the star seller on this account, but Chrome does not on my other account.

Could be account + browser that determines who sees it or doesn't. 

1 Like

@TheVintagePineapple That is very strange.

Perhaps it is "the other way around" because I am on the "other side of the World"? Sort of like how the water drains clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and counter-clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere???

That's not such a silly explanation given how Etsy seems to be doing things these days and the "logic" they seem to be applying.

Hidden Descriptions and Hidden Shipping Details??? What a crock of ****. Everyone knows that the aim is to present a Buyer with LESS clicks NOT MORE!!!

0 Likes

@CarpetCollectionAU  I just added a little to my post above.

When I was logged in last night on this shop, I was on Chrome and saw the ss, and I was logged into my other account on Edge and didn't see it.  Right now I'm on Edge and can see it; other account is on Chrome and don't see it.

So maybe it's more user related than browser related?  idk!  All I know now is that I'm confusing myself.

0 Likes

@CarpetCollectionAU  :  It appears that Etsy does tests based on what browser is used and / or only on some shops.

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Is this happening because Etsy has hidden everything behind a “click”?

0 Likes

Our guess is that they are designing for mobile where screen real estate is limited and people expect links for additional information (although not as hidden as Etsy seems to like) and desktop users are an afterthought.

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

How to get your own star:

https://youtu.be/IGEz0pmQr4Q

Skip towards the end.

0 Likes
Bibolde
Conversation Maker

@Former_MemberI can see it too. So if everyone is a star seller, that will be fine... or not :-).

1 Like

It must be a test or more likely a glitch. I see it on the screen shot so know where to look,  but when I went to @leinweberstudio  shop I didn't see it.

0 Likes

Everyone check under your seat! YOU get a star and YOU get a star and YOU get a star!

3 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Everyone check under your seat!

Not only that; when I looked under my seat, I found a ticket to be a guest on a famous day-time talk show!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.