Sections

I have had sections in my shop for years. Now I can not edit those, move things from one section to another etc. When I edit a listing or add a new one I get a question "would you like to add sections?" I already have them! So I can't put the new item in one, or move the edited item to a different one. If I try to add them it doesn't work.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Sections

Make sure you are using a browser and not the app.

0 Likes

I am using a browser, yes. I don't have the app. Thank you though.

0 Likes

There seems to be a workaround - Publish the listing and then edit it so you can then add it to the existing section or create a new one.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

The work around for me is to either copy a listing that is in the right section, even though it asks me if I want to add one, it doesn't let me or I use quick edit on the listings page, top right, to add the section to the listing after I finish it. 

0 Likes
Visitor751
Inspiration Seeker

Having this kind of problem too. When i signed up with Etsy using Protonmail instead of google email maybe that cause problems with Etsy Integration? dont know.

0 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

I'm having this problem in 2023... says would you like to create a section during the listing process when I have always had many sections.  Maybe it's a Safari issue... just started using this browser and seem to be encountering errors that I didn't when using chrome.

0 Likes
Visitor751
Inspiration Seeker

it was a Etsy issue non related to the browser for me. only way i got it to work is with the etsy seller app on my phone to this day.

0 Likes
KnobSnobbery
Inspiration Seeker

It is not a browser issue. I'm having the same issue for about the last month. I've been on the chat inquiring of an answer to the problem. I'm told they will submit a "Technical Issue" to the appropriate department for investigation. They said they'd get back to me thru email.  We'll see! It hasn't helped in the past with other issues.  

0 Likes

This is a programming error that Etsy knows about and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fix.  The work around is to put the listing in draft or publish it, then edit the listing to put in the sections.  This is happening in the new and the old form so it might clear up when Etsy gets rid of the old form and sticks everybody with dealing with all the problems of the new one.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.