TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Search results debacle 2024

Seriously, this is beyond ridiculous.

I did a generic query (from my laptop search engine) for an item I know I have listed, “Vintage Younique Clothing
After finding items listed on this platform I clicked on those results to bring me to Etsy.
Then, narrowing my search, I selected, [USA], [physical item], [no pockets].  That’s all.

Six results came up...3 being the brand I’m looking for...3 not even having the name in the title, nor description...& None being the item I have, that doesn’t expire until April this year.

At this point I don’t even know how any of us are found.  

So disappointed

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Search results debacle 2024

Right. Search doesn't work the same anymore.  It used to be that a search could be narrowed down by category or that if you searched by price it would weed out nonrelevant items but you can no longer do either. 

I'm not sure what to tell you and I don't know why they would do this. 

5 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

@AnchorRoadVintage

They sort of “hid" the narrowing process. Next to the search bar, look to the left, just right of the Etsy logo, & click on Categories to access it.
Searches still come up with Way Too Many irrelevant results, but it helps a bit. 

1 Like

When I tried it it didn't work, it was a completely separate search. You could either use the search bar OR you could start with categories, but there wasn't any way to use them together. 

3 Likes

I did the same and a white top from your shop came up on the first page.

4 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

@BarronDesignStudio 
Thank you for checking.

Odd how my own result doesn’t show up for me, but in thinking, maybe they filter it out because I'm probably not looking for my own items?

1 Like

I just did a search for "cord holders", I got over 1000 card holders. What the Heck! Do they just wind us up for kicks or what?

8 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

@BlueCatStudioShop
Imagine our shock...right?  Close enough isn’t usually what we’re searching for.
I get some of the most ridiculous results too.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

It's now 2-26-2024 and when I type in Cord holder in the search, I still get card holder. They must wonder why I slammed their survey.

1 Like

Just got off the phone with support. There is a major problem with search and it may take days to fix. IMHO, when they started gift mode they really messed up the whole site. In another post people are also seeing their listings deindexed.

8 Likes

Thank you!  I’ve been struggling to find an answer to why this is going on. Your information is the first I’ve seen. It doesn’t sound like February is going to be a good month. Currently it’s worse than Awful August 2023. 

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I wonder if it has to do with this glitch. Admin addressed and pinned it in this Thread (in Tech. Issues). But the Thread itself is not pinned, nor is there an Announcement about this glitch.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Etsy-Search-all-incorrect/m-p/144714579#M829829

1 Like

Search has been like this for at least a couple of months. They separated categories from the search bar in at least early December.  It was intentional, not a glitch, as they moved the category option out of the search filter and up to the top. 

3 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

I did a double check & it appears to have been fixed.

1 Like

0 Likes

@TagTeams 

I copied/pasted your search words Vintage Younique Clothing and the first result was a white tank top from your shop.
I am in France and the only thing I changed was the delivery to the US to get this result. When I had delivery to France, I mainly had French shop results.

Edit.
Sorry, I just see this is a post from a couple of weeks ago so it was already fixed.
Anyway, nice to know you are visible in France as well, haha. 

1 Like
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

@BloemLinen

Thank you so much for your efforts. It was nice of you.
And, yes. I’m surprised that I’m visible in France (since I only know how to send packages to the US) but that’s wonderful!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.