5BLabDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Scam message?

Jump to solution

I received this message and i think is a SCAM and just in case... i put it on the spam.

Here the message.

''Grееtings 5BLabDesign , wе thаnk yоu fоr yоur асtivе раrtiсiраtiоn in оur vеndоr соmmunity!

Wе hаvе sоmе nеws fоr yоu, рlеаsе bеаr with us.

Duе tо thе fасt thаt yоu аrе а nеw sеllеr yоu nееd tо аuthоrisе yоur shор оthеrwisе it will bе dеlеtеd fоr sесurity rеаsоns аutоmаtiсаlly within 12 hоurs if yоu fаil tо аuthоrisе it.

Gо tо оur sесurе роrtаl аnd fоllоw thе instruсtiоns, it will tаkе а littlе timе: [This content has been removed by Moderation. Do not share unsafe links in the Forums.]

This рrосеss is mаndаtоry duе tо rесеnt susрiсiоus асtivity frоm nеw shорs, thаnk yоu fоr yоur trust in оur рlаtfоrm!

Thаnk yоu fоr еxрrеssing yоur intеrеst in cоllаbоrаting with us!

Wаrm rеgаrds, Thе Еtsy Соmmunity Tеаm. ''

I hope this will help others who receive the same message.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Scam message?

Jump to solution

@5BLabDesign 
First REMOVE that link so no one will click on it.

Yes, it's a SCAM. Look at the text, it has different fonts a huge clue that is NOT from Etsy.
If anything ever needs updating you'll see a notice on your dashboard/finance page. 
Etsy would NEVER send you a link to click on through messages.

Look under any messages on your message page and above where you type a reply.
You should see this info warning sellers about SCAMS from Etsy. 

"To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam."

If a message is not in the FROM ETSY section, it's not from Etsy use a browser not the seller app.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Protect-Your-Account-From-Scammers/m-p/143158945#M1882

View solution in original post

3 Likes
9 Replies

Jump to solution

@5BLabDesign Yes, it is a scam.  Put the message in the Spam folder.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Scam - a new variation, I think.

Only real, legitimate messages from Etsy will appear under the "From Etsy" section of your messages - viewable on desktop.  Anything else should be marked as spam, and not engaged.  The scammers are very devious, and prey on newer shops, for the most part.  Some Sellers have lost thousands.

You should also have seen a warning under the message when viewed, warning against scams and communicated off of Etsy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@5BLabDesign 
First REMOVE that link so no one will click on it.

Yes, it's a SCAM. Look at the text, it has different fonts a huge clue that is NOT from Etsy.
If anything ever needs updating you'll see a notice on your dashboard/finance page. 
Etsy would NEVER send you a link to click on through messages.

Look under any messages on your message page and above where you type a reply.
You should see this info warning sellers about SCAMS from Etsy. 

"To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam."

If a message is not in the FROM ETSY section, it's not from Etsy use a browser not the seller app.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Protect-Your-Account-From-Scammers/m-p/143158945#M1882

3 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Please remove the link to the scam site, yes it is a scam. Any genuine message from Etsy is in the folder "from Etsy" If it is not in there, it is a scam and mark it as spam.

1 Like

Jump to solution

How is it that these messages that contain content that screams "scam" are not automatically being placed in a shop's spam box?
If real buyer messages are being sent to the spam box but these are making it through, then imo something is way off on the techie side & how bots (?) are pre-screening messages.

If the issue is that shops are using the seller app to check messages, therefore not knowing the message has been placed in spam, maybe Etsy should consider upgrading the App asap?  

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Scammers love run on sentences you'd think they'd learn by now maybe they never graduated elementary school and that's why they run scams and don't have real jobs.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Scammers often seem hyper-polite, too.  Not to imply that Etsy is rude, but they're not flowery like many of these scam messages are.  Maybe that's a sign they're using AI to write their messages.

1 Like
5BLabDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Rif.: Scam message?

Jump to solution

Thank you to everyone, i saw signs that put me on the alert. I just opened my shop (like 2 minutes before receive the message) so i didn't even know about ''From Etsy'' but the message was too clear. 

Sorry if i didn't delete the link, i thought it was automatically because i had an alert before to publish the message that blocks the sending.

A new thing to know for the next time. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.