Mahacobo
Inspiration Seeker

Sales tax not showing in CSV Order Items report

In the past I have run the CSV report for Order Items. It had the columns for Gross Sales/Discounts/Net Sales/Tax. It would show me how much sales tax was collected and paid by Etsy for each sale. Now, when I run the report the columns have completely changed and it shows $0 taxes for all sales. I went to check some of the transactions, especially in my state, and they DID collect taxes. I have to report this information even if it's already been paid. I also checked the other reports and none of them itemize the sales separate from the taxes. To go into each transaction and figure it out myself is extremely time consuming. Any help would be appreciated. If it's a different report now, please let me know which one and how to find it. The Order Items was the only one I found it on in the past. TIA

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
BourbonDesignCo
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Sales tax not showing in CSV Order Items report

I’m having this same issue.  

0 Likes

@Mahacobo @BourbonDesignCo : Etsy has not been reporting sales tax on the CSV files for quite some time (at least for us), possibly because they do not report it on 1099-Ks as it is not considered income to you.

0 Likes

The taxes show on the finance page: monthly statements (click on Expand data. Also on the CSVs downloaded from the finance page.

0 Likes

@Mahacobo, maybe there's an easier way now, but here's how I've done it in the past:

- Download your orders CSV (the 'Orders' one, not the one labeled 'Order Items').  You can leave the month blank & choose year, if you want a whole year.

- In the spreadsheet, the order total column (column X) *includes* the sales tax collected & remitted by Etsy, but you need to calculate it by adding/subtracting out the rest of the sale:

- Insert a column and use a formula as follows (these are the column labels): order total - sales tax - shipping + discount amount - order value. That gives you the sales tax that Etsy collected/submitted

- Sort by the Ship State column to isolate the state you're looking for

I hope that helps ... maybe someone has a better method?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.