Hello to all, if you are a Star Seller, please do not do what I have done (Cue in:  "House of the Rising Sun"):  I initiated correspondence with a client by sending them a message that I wrote **on their packing slip**, which was emailed to the customer after I fulfilled their order.  Enthusiastic, the customer replied to me by the regular message center.  To be clear, the customer was responding, so it was the END of the conversation.

However, I had to find out the hard way, because I *did not reply* to what was the end of the conversation, Etsy's AI that calculates the Star Seller rating decided to dun me for not responding to what is clear to any intelligent human being as the end of a conversation.  Ety's Star Seller calculating machinery will assume you are being a bad, bad, very bad seller, indeed, for not responding to what might appear to be a first message from a customer, even if they are, in fact, responding to a message that was on their packing form.

Do not expect any help from Etsy customer service.  They say their hands are tied and they cannot alter your messaging response rating, even when it is plain as day what happened.  I was told that this circumstance would be "taken into consideration" for any future upgrades to the Star Seller system.  In the meantime, Etsy does not care to rectify my score for this coming August, even after I've provided excellent, prompt and dedicated customer service.  So I am writing this here to let you know of this inherent glitch within their Star Seller calculations as well as the grave unfairness that I shall be sadly punished for a flaw within their programming design/system.  

Re: STAR SELLERS: DO NOT INITIATE CORRESPONDENCE THROUGH A PACKING SLIP MESSAGE

Jump to solution

Same scenario happened to me. A lady purchased an item from me then changed her mind and asked for a refund. I issued her a refund and left her the return conversation concerning the refund in the "leave a message" section of the etsy refund page. I thought the issue was closed . Etsy took my star rating away stating I did not reply to her. I did reply to her within a few hours of her request on the etsy refund page, etsy didn't care and destroyed my rating.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
ReImagineBrewing
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The customer started a new message. I've had this happen too after shipping. I just decided "whatever" to the star seller. I'm done. 

We'll see what happens with "smooth shipping" too after this shipping catastrophe. I've manually been typing in my tracking numbers since they are not automatically populating for the shipping sites and I refuse to buy Etsy Labels and let them make more money off of me. Etsy gets a commission for each label a customer purchases. This is a royal mess! 34+ hours down now.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Don't know how you are shipping your packages, but the savings over post office rates is not much, but it is something and the fact that you don't have to come home and type in the tracking number is a big plus in my opinion. 

My packages get picked up from my mailbox and the carriers that work out of my local post office have been trained to scan those packages before they leave my mailbox.  

I don't have to leave my house so I save on time and money by using Etsy labels.  Since you don't pay as much for Etsy labels as you do at the post office, they can't be making much money "off of" us and the convenience is certainly worth it, imo.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.